PDA

View Full Version : Cottonwood trees...

Gonzo0903
05-18-2005, 12:08 PM
I have two cottonwood trees in my yard, and this is the time of year when their pods open up releasing their pollen. I was detailing a Grand Cherokee yesterday ( no, not mine :boohoo ) and whenever the wind picked up, it looked like a damn blizzard!

I`ll be glad when pollen season in New England is done...

DevNull
05-18-2005, 03:06 PM
:hurl I know the feeling. That stuffs sticks to my soft top like velcro, and I dont dare leave the top down, or my car will be filled. :hurl

matthiasj
05-18-2005, 04:31 PM
this stuff is thick in the air where I live

pogo123
05-18-2005, 05:23 PM
For some reason it seems to be worse this year them most years, and through out most of the country also. Here in NC it is mostly over now but some areas said it was 100 times worse then average. I have no idea why, or what causes it.

lucky6025
05-19-2005, 07:32 AM
I know what you are talking about with cottonwood trees, My girlfriend had
about 12 of them in Colorado when i lived with her for 4years was like
wisps of material flying through the air.But no better here at my house, lol,
have two huge maples both sides of driveway, first get red things falling all
over your vehicle and driveway and get them inside vehicle, then there is the pollen then get wirliebird things next and OH can`t forget the pine trees and the pollen that will come from them that will be comming next, this year does seem worse than others and the rain, just can`t win, colorado had drought and can`t wash vehicles or lawn,plus thousands of acres of farmland so get
all the spray from cropdusters and dust after crops are gone,plus cottonwoods.Don`t know which is worse LOL.

Jngrbrdman
05-19-2005, 10:02 AM
I`ve got two of them right across the street from my house. Yeah, its a bit like a blizzard. I`m just glad they are in front of me and not on either side. In the fall they put down a blanket of leaves for 500 yards in any direction except my house. lol I`ve got enough leaves to deal with anyway.