PDA

View Full Version : New B Question, Wax over Zaino?

mattrem
04-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I am a newbie to the forum, I have used Zaino Z5 and Z2 for 3 years, I have never used a wax over it ever. I have just purchased a 07 Silver CTS, would I see a difference in the shine and depth by waxing over the Z2? I use Z6 also and sometimes Z8.

imported_GregCavi
04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
I am a newbie to the forum, I have used Zaino Z5 and Z2 for 3 years, I have never used a wax over it ever. I have just purchased a 07 Silver CTS, would I see a difference in the shine and depth by waxing over the Z2? I use Z6 also and sometimes Z8.

IMHO, I doubt it. When I have done it, I have either seen no difference, or the look actually took away from the zaino.

Greg

wannafbody
04-26-2007, 06:48 PM
try some Z8-although AW is nice and you can use CS over it

mattrem
04-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the help, I quess I will stick to the Z2 then Z8. I was going to buy some good carnuba.

tstead
04-27-2007, 10:06 PM
I have a dark blue metallic car. I polished my car with ZPC and an orange pad followed by ZPC and a white pad. I applied 2 coats of Z5/ZFX with Z6 in between. I topped with Z8. A few days later, I then applied ZCS and followed that with Z8.

The shine was unbelievable!

Then, for the heck of it, I topped it with one coat of Blackfire ivory carnauba paste wax about a week later. It was night and I only have 3 100W bulbs in my garage. Under those lights, I didn`t notice much of a difference so I waited until the morning. As I was driving to work, I noticed the side of my car looked wetter than before I put the wax on it.

Later that day when I went to my car to drive home, my jaw almost hit the ground. OMG did my car look even more beautiful with the wax over the Zaino.

I definately saw a difference and it definately was worth the 45 minutes I took to apply and remove the wax. I can`t wait to add another layer thos weekend!!!!

Tim

silvergray
04-27-2007, 11:36 PM
I`ve applied OCW to my 325. Its got plenty of Z2/ZCS on it, and the shine was enhanced greatly.

ron231
04-27-2007, 11:43 PM
I have a dark blue metallic car. I polished my car with ZPC and an orange pad followed by ZPC and a white pad. I applied 2 coats of Z5/ZFX with Z6 in between. I topped with Z8. A few days later, I then applied ZCS and followed that with Z8.

The shine was unbelievable!

:woot2: :woot2:

Then, for the heck of it, I topped it with one coat of Blackfire ivory carnauba paste wax about a week later. It was night and I only have 3 100W bulbs in my garage. Under those lights, I didn`t notice much of a difference so I waited until the morning. As I was driving to work, I noticed the side of my car looked wetter than before I put the wax on it.

Later that day when I went to my car to drive home, my jaw almost hit the ground. OMG did my car look even more beautiful with the wax over the Zaino.

I definately saw a difference and it definately was worth the 45 minutes I took to apply and remove the wax. I can`t wait to add another layer thos weekend!!!!

Tim

:woot2: :woot2: :woot2: Yes, finally someone is proving what I have been saying all along. You have just gotten a taste of what high oil content carnauba products can provide. If you think thats good try doing part of your car with no zaino, RMG and then your blackfire wax right on top of the RMG.