PDA

View Full Version : Detailing RV`s

HD_Eddie
06-05-2003, 07:39 AM
I`ve been checking a lot of posts and I don`t see too many subects on detailing RV`s. I do this part time and have lined up a 36` 5th wheel. I checked it out and the surface feels pretty smooth to start out with. I was thinking of doing the following steps.

1. Wash
2. AIO
3. Top with either UPP or carnuba

What`s some thoughts on my planned steps? I just picked up a pc and I`m waiting for the brown truck to deliver my pads and products. The 5th wheel is white w/ red and blue strips.

ardetailing
06-05-2003, 10:25 AM
rtcat,

Your thought process is similar to what I did on the RV below. The owner called me after he could not remove the cleaner/wax that he had used. I think he left it own to long and it became to hard to remove. (The owner says he followed the directions.) By the time I got to it, a few days later, the cleaner/wax felt super glued to the RV. After some well spent time, it came off and turned out great. (Sorry, not a good picture.)

Make sure to test a small spot first to see if the AIO will be hard to remove. It should not be, but you should know what you are getting into. Don`t forget to check for black streaks coming off the roof or outside roll away canapy, where the water drains. These can be a bit of a problem if the owner has let them sit.

If you have one near you, check with an RV dealer and see what they recommend, and compare it to what products you are using.

I have found more clients because I am capable of detailing all thier toys. ( RV, Boats, Autos, Motorcycles, Planes) Research it and GO.

Good luck and let`s see some pictures.

HD_Eddie
06-05-2003, 10:43 AM
ardetailing,

Nice work there!! So you did use AIO? What did you top it with? There are some black streaks but I haven`t tried anything yet on them. I`m waiting for my AIO to arrive. Thanks

ardetailing
06-05-2003, 10:15 PM
I had to use 4 Star White Lightning on some of them.(GREAT STUFF) I also use it to degress the bottom of planes. A lot of the marks came off using Meguiars paint cleaner #2. The owner was big on Meguiars, so I top it with several coats of #26. He agreed to the use of AIO as long as I did that. He was unfamiliar with AIO.That is what he likes, soooo. I convinced him to start storing the RV in his hanger with the plane to help preserve the wax. I have washed it a few times since, and it cleans up well. Can`t say enough for garage kept.

Let me know what happens.

TheCompleteLook
06-08-2003, 01:09 PM
Hey guys, just a quick question along this line. How much do you all charge for RV`s, boats and the like? I charge between $10 and $15 per foot.

ardetailing
06-08-2003, 03:46 PM
As usual it depends on the condition of them. Your price range sounds good though. I always take into consideration if this will lead to more of the owners toys and coming to them on a regular bases and then negotiate. Giving up a little now could get you more later.