PDA

View Full Version : California Microfiber towell...

wannafbody
04-26-2007, 04:28 PM
I stopped by Pep Boys for the heck of it and saw a black California Microfiber. What caught my attention was the braided edge. I picked it up and that is when I realized this was no ordinary MF. It felt like no other MF I have ever used. One side is a standard weave for removing waxes and polishes. The other side is sheared to produce the softest MF to ever caress your cars delicate paint. They cost $8.99 for a 16x24 size. These towells seem as if they would be great for a high gloss buff with a QD or Z8 style product. :drool:

If you are a fan of the more standard weave MF and like the 15x24 size then take a trip to your local Target. In the automotive section they have blue/white and red/tan striped 4 pack MF towells for $8. :xyxthumbs

PhaRO
04-26-2007, 06:48 PM
I picked up a bunch of those 4 pack striped towels at Target here for $5.99 on sale. I know it ended sometime at the end of April though. I also noticed that California MF and thought it was a nice towel.

wannafbody
05-11-2007, 09:46 PM
UPDATE: I just wanted to let everyone know this towell(sheared side) is awesome as a drying towell. It holds way more water than a WW. It`s also the perfect size.

Bunky
05-12-2007, 08:42 AM
UPDATE: I just wanted to let everyone know this towell(sheared side) is awesome as a drying towell. It holds way more water than a WW. It`s also the perfect size.

I think this towel is very similar to the Viking towels you can get a K-mart. They carry a green detailing towel and a large drying towel.

RobD
05-12-2007, 04:49 PM
I just picked up the black California MF towel at Pep Boys. It has a very soft, quality feel. Low nap on one side, ultra low on the other, 67/33 blend. I haven`t used it yet, but I`m looking forward to trying it out. I already have dedicated MF drying towels, so I plan on using the CalMF towel for LSP removal and post wash QD`ing.

Nice find, wannafbody, thanks.

P.S. - I also picked up the California Wheel Duster. I`ve been using the their Dash Duster to occasionally clean my wheels (light dust only), but this new duster is better designed for this purpose. I recommend it.