PDA

View Full Version : More shine?

Altec
04-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Can I get more shine with a LSP than this? This is with Griots machine polish 3 just one coat of Griots Best of Show wax. (this pic was taken last year, car is in storage still this year)

Any advice is much appreciated!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h50/forum_16304/IMG_6329-1.jpg

Gimics
04-26-2007, 04:13 PM
you need more shine? That car looks real slick, but I think the only thing combating your shine is the picture... your trying to reflect the sun off of your bumper?

Altec
04-26-2007, 04:15 PM
I didnt take the pic to show any reflections... just the best pic I can find of it to sort-of show the shine.

And yes, I want more... shine is a never ending quest for me.

Altec
04-26-2007, 04:18 PM
another pic... a little more reflection

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h50/forum_16304/IMG_6333-1.jpg

cusepack
04-26-2007, 08:53 PM
You might want to try Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose Glaze, Red Moose Glaze or the Pink Moose. Gives outstanding reflection, shine and wet look. Looks especially good on darker cars.

Accumulator
04-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Altec- You already have it looking mighty good :xyxthumbs

The MP#3 is a very mild polish, so if you have the finish truly marring free it`ll leave a pretty good gloss. You can probably get it a bit better by using something like 1Z Metallic Polish (that even improved a marring-free finish that I`d previously used Menzerna FP on!) or the Menzerna/Blackfire finishing polishes for scratch-resistant clears.

FWIW, I could never get just the look I wanted with BOS. I know Richard talks up how well it works/looks/etc. but it simply doesn`t get it for me and I used it long enough to form a proper opinion of it. Noting that most all differences in LSPs are hair-splitting semi-BS, I do think that some products (UPP and Souveran come to mind) would look noticeably better than the BOS..*I* sure saw an improvement.

Altec
04-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks Accumulator... Ive been looking for a new LSP, the car comes out of storage next weekend and then right in to the shop for another detail.

Ill look in to those products and give them a try. And to be honest, Im not all that impressed with the BOS either.

thanks again!