PDA

View Full Version : Danase Wet Glaze and AJT Combo (??)

TN9thSi
04-25-2007, 11:32 PM
I placed my fisrt order with Danase the other day. Among other things, I ordered the Wet Glaze based on the glowing (no pun intended) remarks of fellow Autopians. I really don`t know what to use it under. I thought about doing a quick polish with OP, then JW Prime Acrylic, Danase Wet Glaze, then AJT. Anyone try this combo? The silver on my car doesn`t have a lot of flake, so the extra wetness of the glaze might enhance the look of AJT. According to Danase.com and other posters, this glaze can be used under synthetic sealants as well as carnaubas, kind of like VM. I think I`ll try it at least. I haven`t done my "spring detailing" yet, so I have some time to play around. Just trying to get some opinions on this combo.

Any other suggestions for a topper for the Wet Glaze on muted silver would also be appreciated!

awahl63
04-26-2007, 12:18 AM
It should work...it`ll look great it`s an excellent product. The flakes will pop more than before

Titania
04-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I just placed an order for it on Tuesday, too. I`m really anxious to try it out. I am planning on using Prime first, followed by Wet Glaze, then AJ. My car is black, so I`m hoping the paint will look so wet it just might fall right off the car.

TN9thSi
04-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Sounds promising. I`m also anxious to see how it looks on my silver. The silver Mazda uses on USDM cars isn`t very flashy. It`s really more muted and flat-looking. I wish it was more like Acura`s Alabaster Silver, but hopefully, I can get a deep, wet gloss with the Wet Glaze/JW combo.

I shoul be able to post some pics by Tuesday if the weather cooperates.

imported_bigfoot
04-26-2007, 10:31 AM
This product is very tempting! May order it next time I place an order with Danase...

Bigpikle
11-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Can anyone tell me what the results of this were - I would love to get a wetter finish from the Jeffs stuff and the Danase Wet Glaze sounds promising?

Any updates or comparisons against just Prime Acrylic and AJT?