PDA

View Full Version : Resurrection of the bird dropping topic

BlueDevil17
04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
:angry

Before I snap, does anyone have a way to deal with this? I got the bulk of the dropping off my car, however the shadow, mar, flatness on the finish remains. 3 weeks into it and I have a turd legacy already. The others I caught fast enough. Any words of wisdom? My 07 UG GTI is weeping but isn`t pissed like I am.

Any info/input is welcomed.

velobard
04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
It depends on just how bad it is. Some bombs are especially potent. Can you post a decent picture?

imported_Yal
04-25-2007, 02:59 PM
What are you using on the paint for protection?

Accumulator
04-25-2007, 03:57 PM
BlueDevil17- Welcome to Autopia!

It can be important to neutralize the acids in the bird dropping so they don`t continue to eat into the paint. IIRC a simple solution is to use rubbing alcohol but that`ll also remove your wax.

If the dropping etched the paint you`ll have to polish it out with an abrasive. The degree of etching will dictate how aggressive you`ll have to be.

Might be a good time to give your new GTI a good polish and wax.

Some products seem especially good against environmental hazards like the birds, and these products aren`t always the ones you`d expect! I`d recommend Collinite brand wax, it always did well for me on vehicles that I left outside 24/7.

I`d polish it with something from 1Z (best stuff out there if you`re working by hand) and then apply the Collinite. And keep some quick-detailer and soft MF cloths in the car for future bird-bomb cleanups.

Black Diamond
04-26-2007, 01:00 AM
You can also try this (http://www.poorboysnw.com/BSR.html)!

Poorboys Bird Sh#t Remover