PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Klasse

mikelea4ever
04-25-2007, 02:25 PM
I`ve used the Klasse twins probably like over a month ago and I only topped my vehicle with one coat of sealant. My question is, "Is it advisable to top my vehicle again with a sealant after one month or shall I just redo them all over again ( meaning put aio again then sealant)". Thanks for any advice.

Way2SSlow
04-25-2007, 02:47 PM
You`re fine to just add another layer of SG. No reason to use AIO again after just a month.

tom p.
04-25-2007, 03:58 PM
I would agree. You can do a quikee re-application of sealant.

Plan B: Get one of the sealant spritzes in spray bottle and make the task even shorter!

mikelea4ever
04-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I would agree. You can do a quikee re-application of sealant.

Plan B: Get one of the sealant spritzes in spray bottle and make the task even shorter!

That sound a really wonderful idea having a spray bottle. I will try that. I think that will really cut my time in detailing my Sequoia.

oajr
04-25-2007, 04:11 PM
what happens if you top off the Klasse SG with a caranuba such as p21s? do you use a caranuba based quick detailing spray or a synthetic wax based one?

thanks!

mikelea4ever
04-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Also, I do have some fine scratches in my Sequoia and only visible when you use a fluorescent light. It`s not really visible in sun beams. Im thinking about to use Megs Scratch X next time when I have to start using over my Klasse. But not sure where these Scratch X would fit. Shall I apply Scratch X first then Klasse Twins? Or AIO then Scratch X then followed by Sealant?

Also what other products did anyone used into their cars to remove or hide scratches? Im thinking about applying it manually. Any suggestions of pros about my subject? Thanks!

mikelea4ever
04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
what happens if you top off the Klasse SG with a caranuba such as p21s? do you use a caranuba based quick detailing spray or a synthetic wax based one?

thanks!

Based on what I found through reading in these forum, using carnauba on top of SG will give you more depth in color. I never used a carnauba on top of my SG since I read that carnauba will only give you a great result in dark colored vehicle. Like for a lite colored cars, like mine, IMO adding a carnauba on top of it wouldn`t make a big difference. I think I should try it next time when I have extra cash. Im just happy with the result of my Klasse twins.

oajr
04-25-2007, 04:49 PM
thanks for the reply. i was specifically asking about "quick detail" type sprays that some use after applying their sealants and/or last step polish such as p21s. in the event that a caranuba is used on top of Klasse SG, is one supposed to use a caranuba based quick detail spray or a synthetic was based one?

thanks again

mikelea4ever
04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
thanks for the reply. i was specifically asking about "quick detail" type sprays that some use after applying their sealants and/or last step polish such as p21s. in the event that a caranuba is used on top of Klasse SG, is one supposed to use a caranuba based quick detail spray or a synthetic was based one?

thanks again

I would use a carnauba based quick detail spray instead.

tom p.
04-25-2007, 05:21 PM
For Klasse:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/3089/26acglanz.jpg

uber-rich carnauba:

http://www.onegrand.com/onegrandpix/ogpshowoff.jpg

ConglomrationAL
04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
You don`t even need to add another layer every month if you don`t want to. I`ve had my KSG on my car since January and it still beads up fairly nicely. I`m gunna do my spring cleaning soon so i`ll get a fresh coat on there soon.

mikelea4ever
04-25-2007, 10:40 PM
You don`t even need to add another layer every month if you don`t want to. I`ve had my KSG on my car since January and it still beads up fairly nicely. I`m gunna do my spring cleaning soon so i`ll get a fresh coat on there soon.

But how many layers of Sealant did you use though? I`ve only used one layer and that`s it. Most of people here are usually applied it at least more than one. Well I guess I`ll check it out next time I wash my car. If it still beads as good as my first wash, then I guess I`ll not put another layer of a sealant.

Crusader101
04-25-2007, 11:02 PM
I applied 4 coats of the SG over 1 coat of the AIO last September. The car was not driven in snowy conditions but sat outside all winter. Amazingly, the car`s finish remains glossy and water continues to significantly bead. I am going to re-apply both Klasse products and then mix SG with distilled water (3:1 ratio) in a spray bottle and use that as a quik detailer.