PDA

View Full Version : New 4Runner - Dark Gray

afghan66
05-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Love this site. Anyways, I just got a new 4Runner Sport 4x4 in Galactic Gray (a dark gray). I attached a stock picture. I am looking for advice on the first detail. Here`s what I have so far:

Wash - Finish Kare 118SC
Clay - Clay Magic w/ Four Star Lubricant
Wash - Finish Kare 118SC
Polish - Klasse AIO
Sealant - Four Star UPP
Wax - Finish Kare Pink Wax

Any problems with the product choices for the dark gray? Also, so I really need a PC to do this? If so, which products would you apply with the PC?

Thanks a lot for the advice!

GregCavi
05-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Looks like your product selection is great and in order. A pc will make it a hell of alot easier on you and your arms. You will have a way better result with the pc. YOu can do it by hand though, its just really hard. Nice car by the way

Polish - Klasse AIO ----- Polishing Pad NOT cutting pad
Sealant - Four Star UPP ----- Hand or Finishing Pad
Wax - Finish Kare Pink Wax ----- Hand or Finishing Pad

Greg

JaredPointer
05-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Congrats on the car. Where are you located? The car and the picture backdrop look awful familiar. Maybe it`s something that a lot of dealers use - I don`t know.

Edit: Nevermind. I see that you say you attached a "stock" photo. Would still be nice for people to fill out the location though - it might help with recommendations and troubleshooting.

matthiasj
05-18-2005, 08:38 AM
haha, i`d like everyone to fill out the location thing just so i know where they are...i`m just curious.

sounds like a nice combo, nice ride

afghan66
05-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the compliments on the car. It`s definitely lived up to the hype so far...

I am in Atlanta, GA - so the paint will get all the acid rain, smog, and heat we are famous for down here.