PDA

View Full Version : Funny Advice

pappy
05-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Ok i couldnt find the other post with funny comments u get about detailing so ill start another one.. I just got a good one today and thought i would share it.

My boss and I were about halfway into cleaning and waxing this fairly old boat. probally in the mid 80`s the thing looked like crap. but anyway. This guy walks up (we do his porshe) so he knows us and we know him. He walks up and starts asking us if we were afraid of putting swirls in the boat. we told him not really because of our experience and the right techiques and they dont swirl. So then he started bragging about his big 10" orbital buffer. (im guessing the kind you would find at wal mart). He has a brand new chevy somthing and he was explaining that he tried using it on this new car. (probally a month old) and he told us to NEVER touch a new car with any kind of polishing machine because it will swirl it up and scratch it and so forth. im just standing on the ladder nodding....and so is my boss (dont want to correct him kinda person) so he tells us that the paint on cars needs atleast a year if not 2 before you can use a buffer on it. because the paint needs to "cure"....

GregCavi
05-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Thank god for people like that or we wouldnt have threads like this!! LOL

Greg

PhaRO
05-18-2005, 06:43 AM
I had a gentlemen give me his tip of the day. Oven cleaner on hard to clean wheels. Never tried it but bet it works great on uncoated wheels. I`ll stick with my cleaning supplies though :)

pappy
05-18-2005, 07:30 AM
sorry about the title of this...i couldnt find the edit button

CharlesW
05-18-2005, 07:48 AM
sorry about the title of this...i couldnt find the edit buttonLooks good to me. :D

Charles

matthiasj
05-18-2005, 08:36 AM
my paint is still curing after 11 years...he sounds like his numbers are off.

Focusedonsound
05-18-2005, 08:45 AM
best ever ... "Add a little bit of oil to your wash water it leave a nice shine" Um yea ok .. ill try that first thing tommrow!

laefd
05-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Hate to get "technical" but down here in Texas, where the sun is "hotter", it only takes 1.2 years for the paint to cure versus the usual 2 years for everywhere else.