PDA

View Full Version : Mustang GT Detail... Advice

autobahnshine
04-24-2007, 11:26 PM
This weekend, I might be detailing the exterior of a black Mustang GT (2005 I believe). My plan is this:

Any advice ?? Thanks !

Wheels with Griot`s wheel cleaner

Rinse

Wash with Griot`s car wash

Rinse

Dry

Clay w/ speed shine

Machine Polish 3 (this car is heavily swirled, but the sealant combo should also help remove left over swirls)

One-step Sealant (sealant with machine polish 3)

Carnuaba Wax Stick

All will be applied with Random Orbital

Altec
04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
:woot: for Griots products!!!

wash again after claying. Machine #3 might not be strong enough if the car is heavily swirled, may need to use #2 and then #3... or just go over the car a couple times with #3

1Bad81Bu
04-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Exactly why is it necessary to wash after claying? JW. thx.

stiffdogg06
04-25-2007, 08:17 PM
It`s not necessary. If you`re going to polish afterwards then I think it`s a waste of time to wash it again after claying just to get the remaining residue off. Even tho the polish will mostly like remove it all. Just go straight to polishing and save 45mins.:clap:

Also, always start with the least aggressive combo(unless it is deeply severely swirled. Or maybe if you have #2 on hand, try it with a least aggressive pad (white from LC) And then move up to an orange pad...

If all else fails, try #3 with white then orange pad... Time consuming but it`s worth it to save the clear coat.

I rather do 2 coats of #2 than 2 coats of #3 because you will remove less with #2 speaking hypothetically

autobahnshine
04-26-2007, 04:33 PM
huh? #2 is MORE aggressive, meaning more would be taken off.... #3 is much less.... of course they make a #4, but only used for new cars.... I think 2 coats of 3 should do the trick, or One coat of 3, and then one coat of One-step (mp3 + paint sealant), then go into the wax..