PDA

View Full Version : Tire and moulding dressing

xtremekustomz
04-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Looking for a good product that won`t sling off. First of all I know not to soak the tire with it but I`ve used some products that end up slinging down the side of the truck. Also looking for something that will clean up my moulding and weatherstrip.

NSXTASY
04-25-2007, 02:05 AM
IMO, FK1 108 Top Kote is my current favorite. Absolutely versatile, tires, moldings, vinyl, interior and exterior performer. Grab a couple E1 tire swipes and apply after thoroughly cleaning and brushing the tires. Good durability, economical, as well as a nice satin sheen.

joshtpa
04-25-2007, 06:55 AM
BNB is a great one with very little sling.

audicoupej
04-25-2007, 07:08 AM
IMO, FK1 108 Top Kote is my current favorite. Absolutely versatile, tires, moldings, vinyl, interior and exterior performer. Grab a couple E1 tire swipes and apply after thoroughly cleaning and brushing the tires. Good durability, economical, as well as a nice satin sheen.

+1

I love 108! :woot:

NSXTASY
04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Honestly, as far as sling, it is more of a application issue than a product issue. Nearly all products will "sling" if not applied evenly and thin. Using the Tires swipes or final buffing the tire will prevent "sling". FYI, I use *all* types of dressing and get no sling.

Tiauguinho
04-25-2007, 10:12 AM
I tried for the first time the Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel and am very happy with it. I applied a thin layer and let it rest for 20 minutes then buffed it out. Looks really good! No slinging at all :)