PDA

View Full Version : Why did they stop making Meg`s Yellow Spoke brush?

Pages : [1] 2

BMW335i
04-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I use this a lot and it seems like a good product. Why would they discontinue it? Are they going to be coming out with a similiar product soon?

sevenrd
04-24-2007, 08:51 PM
I wonder the same thing. It`s my favorite spoke brush of the ones I`ve tried. Down to my last 2...and they`re showing some wear. :(

BMW335i
04-24-2007, 08:52 PM
I wonder the same thing. It`s my favorite spoke brush of the ones I`ve tried. Down to my last 2...and they`re showing some wear. :(

+1. The only thing I can think of is the inner braided wire. It rusts after a few uses and its hard so anything that touches it could get scratched.

I don`t know what I`m gonna do with myself once it dies and completely wears out. It already looks pretty worn. Any mitt will perish trying to clean my BMW wheels with its brake dust.

BigAl3
04-24-2007, 08:54 PM
i think the main reason was the distribution aspect...

Jetbo
04-24-2007, 09:03 PM
I did not know that they were discontinued. The one I been using has held up pretty well, but now I just might swing by Big Lots after work to see if I can pickup a 2nd one.

Scottwax
04-24-2007, 09:09 PM
:nixweiss I picked up a couple at Big Lots and I need to stop by and see if they have a few more so I can stay stocked up for at least a couple of years.

sevenrd
04-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Forgot to mention...

I ordered the E-Z Detail Brush from Proper Auto Care that is of similar design to the Meg`s brush. It should arrive on Friday. Looks promising, but the price is a bit high. Hopefully it works well and holds up so the cost is justified.

BMW335i
04-24-2007, 09:14 PM
I better get my butt over to Big Lots before it`s too late!!! :bolt

sftempest66
04-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Forgot to mention...

I ordered the E-Z Detail Brush from Proper Auto Care that is of similar design to the Meg`s brush. It should arrive on Friday. Looks promising, but the price is a bit high. Hopefully it works well and holds up so the cost is justified.

I just got the E-Z brush today, tried it on my mom`s Acura and it worked like a charm...The bristles are not nearly as stiff as the Meg`s Brush (Mine is starting to show some wear and pretty soon here its going to bite the dust :sadwavey: ) but it still seems to clean as good. It is pricey though, but well worth it when you think about how much easier it makes our job!

sevenrd
04-24-2007, 09:29 PM
I just got the E-Z brush today, tried it on my mom`s Acura and it worked like a charm...The bristles are not nearly as stiff as the Meg`s Brush (Mine is starting to show some wear and pretty soon here its going to bite the dust :sadwavey: ) but it still seems to clean as good. It is pricey though, but well worth it when you think about how much easier it makes our job!

Thanks. Good to hear it works well, but not so good to hear about the wear.

SpoiledMan
04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Man, I have a stack of those things. My guess as to why they quit making them is because *I* like them.;) They seem to quit making everything I like.:(

BMW335i
04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks. Good to hear it works well, but not so good to hear about the wear.

I think he was talking about the wear on the Meg`s brush.

MoneyPit
04-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Picked up the EZ detail brush a few weeks ago and have used it several times... Its perhaps the best detailing tool I have. My brother`s 330i`s wheels typically take .... forever to clean.. now its considerably less time consuming. The diameter of the brush is bigger than the Meg`s (which I loved, and have about 10 of) and it has a ton more bristles per unit of measurement... I`d say its about twice as dense in the bristle department.... not individual ones, but total....

sevenrd
04-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I think he was talking about the wear on the Meg`s brush.

Whoops. I see that now. Thanks.

Setec Astronomy
04-25-2007, 06:49 AM
My guess as to why they quit making them is because *I* like them.;) They seem to quit making everything I like.:(

I have the same problem...but as to the OP`s question, I think Meg`s stopped "making" the entire brush line that they came out with the other year. As many are aware they were all made in China, and there was a patent covering several of them which was not owned by Meguiar`s, so perhaps there was a licensing issue (I imagine the patent(s) had to do with the interchangeable head design of the brushes other than the wheel spoke).