PDA

View Full Version : Little help with product/detailing step`s.

Proballer25
04-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Sup guys iv been browing the forums for ages and just got around to making an acount. I picked up my PC a few weeks ago with some product and pad`s to try out on my onyx black silverado. Truck is fairly new 2006 so paint is clean but of course it has its fair share of swirl marks. Anyways i wanted to know if my steps are correct for applying what i have or maybe there is somthing i can improve on? Steps as follow`s.......

PoorBoy`s SSR1 applyed with orange pad. Then i have a ClearKote Red moose glaze, followed by a ClearKote Yellow creamwax (not sure if i need to do the yellow creamwax step) But to top all this off im gonna slap on some natty`s paste (blue). How does this sound? I was just wondering if after the full polish with the ssr1 should i be doing somthing before i apply the RMG or are my steps correct? I just wanna make sure i get the best results as possible for the amount of time im going to be spending on it. Thanks in adavance for any help you guys can give!;)

awahl63
04-24-2007, 05:24 PM
What pads are you using Lake Country? If so, I`d use the white pad with SSR1 even though I don`t believe it will do that much correction. I don`t believe the Yellow Creamwax step is needed but why not? Have fun and welcome to autopia

Altec
04-24-2007, 05:37 PM
clay before that polish... the products sound like a nice combo.

Proballer25
04-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks guy`s. yeah i forgot to add the clay part in there.

Proballer25
04-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Had one other quick question. After applying the ssr1 sense its not already a real agressive polish do i need to follow that up with any type of swirl remover or can i just go straight into the RMG? Thanks!

stiffdogg06
04-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Yes, you can go straight to RMG.

If the swirls are more severe, you should try ssr 2.5 or ssr 2.

GOODLUCK!

Proballer25
04-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks.:heelclick