PDA

View Full Version : Question about LSP`s...

SuperBee364
04-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Sorry for the long post, but here goes...

1.5 years ago, I bought a 2006 Dodge Daytona GoManGo Charger, and started using Zaino products. Kept applying the Zaino by hand as soon as it was evident that there was none left on the paint.

Last fall, I traded in the Daytona for a new 07 SuperBee. I immediately slapped several coats of Z2 on it for the winter.

For Christmas, the wife got me a 7424, which I finally used a few weeks back, and again topped it off with more Z2.

OK, here`s the situation... Every time I have had a completely bare clear coat (free of any Zaino), I have had very little trouble getting the touchless washes in my area to leave my car squeaky, squeaky clean. I`m talking CLEAN! However, whenever there is a coat of Zaino on my clear coat, the touchless washers aren`t able to get everything off my car; there is always a fine layer of dust still adhering to the Zaino. This really bothers me. All that very fine dust turns into abrasive, swirl causing crap as soon as it`s trapped under a wash mit.

I have been very, very careful about hand-washing my Chargers (which, btw, have extremely hard clear coats). Both cars have been swirled by hand washing the dust off of a Zaino top coat. I have tried everything I can think of, but a hand wash with a mit (and i`ve tried every mitt out there) is the only thing that will get my Zaino coated car clean. I hate this, cause it causes swirls.

I even bought my own pressure washer to attempt to get this stuff off so I wouldn`t have to wash with a mitt. Again, no dice. Water under pressure just doesn`t seem to be able to break the bond between the dust and the Zaino.

After a huge amount of work with the 7424 (did I mention how HARD my clear coat is??), I was able to get my car pretty much swirl free. I just received my first rotary buffer yesterday, as well as some SRC polishes, so I thought I`d give it a go yesterday and see if i couldn`t achieve 100% correction on the problem areas (hood, roof and trunk) of my car. After washing my car (Zaino car wash, properly mixed, chennile hand mitt -fresh from the plastic bag it was sold in- two bucket system), there were fresh swirls in my paint. Now keep in mind that I have become completely anal about hand washing my car. There is absolutely NO WAY that I introduced any sort of contaminant onto the mitt to swirl the paint; the swirling was definitely caused by the dust still clinging to the Zaino after the initial high pressure rinse.

Oh, btw, my car wash mitt and soap passed the CD test with flying colors. Cleanest, mar-free CD I have.

So, what this all boils down to is this... Are there any LSP`s out there that don`t hold onto dust so hard, so that I can go back to getting a completely clean car using a touchless washer?

I guess if all else fails, I`ll just leave my clear coat LSP-free after the next polish. As I mentioned, an LSP-free surface comes out spotless using a touchless wash once a week.

xhaust50
04-24-2007, 08:51 PM
FK1 has some anti-static LSP`s that you may want to check out. Many here use and like their products. Finish Kare, Automotive, Marine, Aerospace, Mold Release Agents, Paint Contamination (http://www.fk1usa.com)