PDA

View Full Version : My Perfect Program

Pages : [1] 2

Ilaron
04-24-2007, 04:16 AM
Hello,

I`m new in this forum, and sorry for my english, I don`t speak well because I`m french...

I have a 2005` Mazda 3, grey titanium and for my first detailling, i choose this program.

Week end 1 :

- Wash with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

- Clay with Mothers Clay Bar Kit or Meguiars Quik Clay kit

- Polish with Menzerna Final Finish PO106FF

- Glaze with Meguiar`s Show Car Glaze #7

- Wax with Meguiar`s NXT Tech Wax

Week end 2 :

- Cleaner with Klass All-In-One

- Sealant Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Week end 3 :

- Sealant Klasse SG

Week end 4 :

Carnauba Wax P21S Concours Look or Poorboy`s Natty`s Past Wax -Blue

Everything by hand...

Is it a perfect program ?

Thanks !

Ilaron

imported_Ivan Rajic
04-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Hello,

I`m new in this forum, and sorry for my english, I don`t speak well because I`m french...

I have a 2005` Mazda 3, grey titanium and for my first detailling, i choose this program.

Week end 1 :

- Glaze with Meguiar`s Show Car Glaze #7

- Wax with Meguiar`s NXT Tech Wax

Week end 2 :

- Cleaner with Klass All-In-One

- Sealant Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Week end 3 :

- Sealant Klasse SG

Week end 4 :

Everything by hand...

Is it a perfect program ?

Thanks !

Ilaron

In my opinion, it`s a very very good start, but not perfect...

There`s one mistake...

in weekend 1, either after #7 or instead of #7, use KAIO... and instead of the Meg`s NXT wax, apply your first coat of SG... I`ll just write out your NEW plan so you understand better...

Week end 1 :

- Glaze with Klasse All-In-One

- Wax with 1st coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze

Week end 2 :

- Sealant 2nd coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze

Week end 3 :

- Sealant 3rd coat of Klasse SG

Week end 4 :

The only other thing I would suggest is using the PO106FF with a PC and white or grey LC pad... if your car is absolutely perfect and swirl free than hand application will be fine and might even make it a a little better...

Hope this helps

Ilaron
04-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Thanks for you quick reply, my reason for use #7 it`s for wet effect (I love wet effect!!!), but if you say that i don`t need it, i will not use it...

And, because it`s my first detail, i will not use a PC because i think i need first some experience in car detail to later use well a PC...

Ilaron
04-24-2007, 05:58 AM
I have 2 questions :

1/When I can use a glaze ? and Why ?

2/Can I applicate 2 coat of SG and 1 coat of carnauba wax on same day ?

Sebony
04-24-2007, 08:15 AM
1/ Before applying your sealant, p. ex. between KAIO and KSG. Help to make the color "pop" a little more, especially on dark colored cars. And help to "fill in" minors scratches and swirls. Try RMG, u won` t be desappointed!

2/ Nope - SG needs to cure +/- 24hrs
I have 2 questions :

1/When I can use a glaze ? and Why ?

2/Can I applicate 2 coat of SG and 1 coat of carnauba wax on same day ?

joshtpa
04-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Does it leave perfect results for what you are looking for? If so, it is a perfect program for you.

Sebony
04-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks to the pro members we have there, we can always improve our technics...

Per exemple, I was using RMG before my NXT wax, without knowing that polymer wax doesn`t bond correctly to a Glaze...

Off topic: let`s detail your Sea-Ray and please post some pic! ;)
Does it leave perfect results for what you are looking for? If so, it is a perfect program for you.

joshtpa
04-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Too big for me to detail. They have someone at the marina that does it. I will definately post some pics when I go back down there today.

velobard
04-24-2007, 09:38 AM
I also like the appearance of NXT, but you can`t exactly brag about its durability. In your regimen, the first glaze and wax really is a waste of time if you`re going to use AIO the next week. Just use the Klasse twins and glaze before the SG if you like.

xhaust50
04-24-2007, 01:13 PM
If you like the look of #7 you can add it after the SG has fully cured. It won`t last long, but it looks like you are working on the car every week so it might be what you are looking for.

the other pc
04-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Bonjour Ilaron, :welcome to Autopia!

I must agree with joshtpa,

If you love the results you get there’s no need to change anything. But if you’re curious and want to try other things then go ahead.

And don’t worry, your English is very good. :up

PC.

ron231
04-24-2007, 01:54 PM
How about this...

Weekend one:

Wash with megs GC

Clay with clay magic, or sonus green (megs and mothers leave a lot of residue for me, so I cant recomend them)

Menzerna p106ff (good choice :goodjob )

Clearkote RMG

And then top with any of the following carnaubas: Collinite 915, Natty`s blue, Meguiars #26, Clearkote CMW, Pinnacle souveran paste, Victoria wax, Zymol carbon, titanium, or concours, or JW carnauba jett.

Weekend two:

Wash with megs GC

Wet paint again with RMG

Another coat of any of the carnaubas I listed

Top with AW, or spray souveran.

I really REALLY recomend the RMG over the #7. I own both, if you want I will send you my 80% full bottle of #7 for like $2 plus shipping, it`s not even in the same league as RMG.

Personally, I would advise you to skip the synthetics and stay with carnauba because even if you take away the depth and wetness that carnauba provides, you cannot use a sealant over an oil glaze like #7 or RMG. Meguiars claims you can use NXT (a sealant) over #7, the only reason this might work is because NXT has mild cleaners that would be enough to remove the oils left behind by #7.

Personally, I have used all of meguiars oil glazes except #81 hand polish (sort of an oil glaze) and NONE compare to RMG.

There are even more great carnaubas then what I have listed, try yourself, get samples, see what YOU like the best. But I can speak from experience because I am a big fan of glazes, the meguiars glazes do not compare to RMG.

You said you love the WET effect #7 gives you, you really cant get this with a sealant. And I used to think the meguiars glazes were wet, then I got RMG, now I think the meguiars glazes are dry as a desert.

ron231
04-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh yea and since this is your first detail, make sure you get yourself a pc (I notice you said everything by hand, invest in a pc or you will be trying to get swirls out for days on end by hand) and some good pads (edge2k or lake country) and the biggest thing first-time detailers forget is the wheel wells. Don`t forget to clean and dress your wheel-wells, it really adds a professionally detailed look.

Sebony
04-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Ron, what about RMG before applying JW Acrylic sealant?

Should I skeep the JW part, and directly go to Natty`s Blue and then Zaino Z-CS? Thanks...

Ilaron
04-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Thank everybody for your help !!

But I think I will stay with the lecchilo`s program ;)

Ron, I can`t buy a PC, at the moment, i don`t have the budget for it...but i`m also interess by your #7 for 2$$ :LOLOL :LOLOL

And don`t worry for the wheel, I love my rims and take care of them...

This is my car, juste wax with Meguiar`s GC Wax and Endurance Gel on tires :

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8064/finition1ch2.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7766/finition3gh3.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2858/printps70wl.jpg