PDA

View Full Version : Detailing

baseballlover1
04-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Hello,

I am just interested on what you guys use to detail your car. can everyone put a FULL list of what they use and in order please. -Thanks, Daniel

stiffdogg06
04-23-2007, 11:36 PM
My car I use:

-Tires/rims/engine bay/wheel wells with Simple Green diluted to however dirty the area is

-Wash with Poorboys World Super Slick & Suds with Sheepskin wash mitts and the 2 bucket method

-Sonus Ultra Fine Clay with the Spray Lube

-Menzerna Power Gloss (if needed for HARD or SEVERE imperfections)

-Menzerna Intensive Polish

-Menzerna Final Polish II

-Jeff Werkstatt Prime

-Jeff Werkstatt Acrylic Jett or Acrylic Jett: Trigger <-- Same thing, just one`s a spray bottle

-Poorboys World Natty`s Blue Paste Wax <-- Till I get Pete `53

-I then dress the Tires, Wheels, etc. with Armor All Tire Foam

I keep the Jeff Acrylic Jett up to par with Acrylic Glos.

I also clay and put Poorboys World EX-P Sealant on the windows for a nice clear "beading affect" on them. :dance

Mom`s car:

-Tires/rims/engine bay/wheel wells with Simple Green diluted to however dirty the area is

-Sonus Ultra Fine Clay with the Spray Lube

-Menzerna Power Gloss (if needed for HARD or SEVERE imperfections)

-Menzerna Intensive Polish

-Menzerna Final Polish II

-Pinnacle XMT 360

-Poorboys World Natty`s Blue Paste Wax

-I then dress the Tires, Wheels, etc. with Armor All Tire Foam

I also clay and EX-P my moms windows.

I use the Porter Cable 7424 polisher with a 6" hook N` loop (Velcro) backing plate.

My pads for the polisher vary from Lake Country`s 6.5" FLAT FOAM pads Yellow, Orange, White, Black, and Blue.

Most aggressive (Yellow) pad down to the less aggressive (Blue)

I also suggest you use the SEARCH button on the TOP RIGHT of Autopia to search for any info. regarding detailing. This site has thousands of thread on numerous products/procedures.

Goodluck in the "Detailing World!":xyxthumbs

thesacrifice
04-24-2007, 12:05 PM
I`m not going to list EVERTHING, but I`ll list what I use often.

I usually rinseless wash using Optimum No Rinse with EuroW Sheepskins and the two bucket method. I do own a Foamgun and use Meguiars Gold Class wash when I use it which is rare. I dry with Poorboy or Cobra waffle weave towles followed by Cobra microfibers.

On the wheels I just use ONR with various brushes. I dress them with 303 Aerospace protectant for a satin finish.

To me clay is clay so I usually use clay magic clay that I pick up at local auto stores.

If I dont need to polish and just need to cleanse the paint, I`ll use an AIO. Klasse AIO is a classic and works well. I now use that for the door jams and under the hood. Optimum Poliseal is a great AIO with more correction ability than my other AIO`s but can be finicky. It also looks great and is duarable.. I would use it as a LSP. My latest is ZAIO, which I really like. Super easy to use and looks great.

If I need to polish I use a Portercable 7336 with Lake Country Pads. I use Optimum Compound and Optimum Polish.

I have waxes but now almost use sealants exclusively. I really like Jeff Werkstatt Acrylic Jett or Aquawax ontop of Poliseal, IMO Aquawax is the best bang for the buck detailing product around. Just used Zaino CS ontop of Zaino ZAIO on a black car with very sexy results. I also have Optimum Opti Seal and am dying to try it out.

I use stoners glass on glass with a glass waffle weave. Meguiars APC for all kinds of stuff, 303 Aerospace Protectant on vinyls, rubber, trim etc.

I have a lot of other stuff, but none of which is used as much as the stuff above.

oajr
04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
good day. quick rundown:

-autopia car wash nozzle (rubber nozzle)

-p21s wash, just ordered griot`s wash, sheepskin mitt, secondary fiber mit for wheels, always use a secondary soak/rinse bucket of water.....use sonus drying towels, waffle weave......use vroom (target) mf`s for general wiping/cleaning of wheels, underbody, jams, etc.

-p21s wheel cleaner, just ordered some griot`s wheel cleaner to compare.....oxo wheel/spoke brush....griot`s tire/wheel brush.

-craftsman blower with home-made filter

-stoners glass cleaner along with vroom mf`s or ww

-klasse aio to cleanse and prep, klasse sg, followed by p21s caranuba as a lsp.....autopia microfiber pads and foam for applying waxes......use sonus polishing towels followed by autopia care buffing towel (white)

-griot`s speedshine for maintenance and/or sonus acrylic/caranuba quick detailer in between washes

-griot`s rubber cleaner, vroom mf`s (tires, seals, etc)

-303 Aerospace Protectant (tires, rubber)...tire applicator or foam pad

-sonus leather cleaner and conditioner (foam applicator) for the interior.....woolite 1:4 for spot cleaning

-sonus cockpit detailer for light dusting/cleaning of the interior

regards

christin.shelly
10-28-2009, 04:15 AM
All many have mentioned various stuffs for car detailing, some of the most popularly used stuffs for this purpose are as follows:-

• p21s wheel cleaner,

• craftsman blower with home-made filter

• stoners glass cleaner along with vroom mf`s or ww

• On the wheels I just use ONR with various brushes

• Tires/rims/engine bay/wheel well