PDA

View Full Version : What product for a one step polish?

Pages : [1] 2 3

kleraudio
04-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone ,

Got a quick question. I had an inquiry today about an exterior only detail and the customer does not want swirl/scratch removal, but they do want a polish.

What would you guys recommend for a one step polish. Maybe something like OP and a white pad?

SSR 1 and a white pad?

I definitely dont want to use an orange pad right?

Never thought a question like this would stump me, but I want to make sure i dont have to fix any micromarring because I am not charging that much for this and dont want to do 2 extra hours of free work.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

GlossyTundra
04-23-2007, 06:35 PM
SSR 1 will work, but OP will make the paint look better by removing more defects and correcting the paint better, while not marring it.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Lst time I checked, OP removed swirls. How about 1Z Metallic Polish? Its a supurb AIO.

gmblack3
04-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Some good AIOs out there:

Zaino AIO

prime

ect....

GlossyTundra
04-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Lst time I checked, OP removed swirls. How about 1Z Metallic Polish? Its a supurb AIO.

Last time I checked, OP is a great polish as well as swirl remover.:rolleyes:

imported_Puckman
04-23-2007, 07:15 PM
I`ve used Menz PO106FF/RMG for a few single stage buff outs and it finishes LSP ready. I would also second the AIO suggestions too.

noooorb
04-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Poli-seal, Klasse AIO on a white/grey pad.

kleraudio
04-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks guys for all your help!

Puckman - you used both Menz/RMG or just RMG?

Patrick, I dont mind some correction if the polish will finish down nicely and be LSP ready. Do you think OP on a white will do that for me?

I know what I want but cant word it right it seems. I need something quick that I wont have to work forever w/ a pad and will finish LSP ready but will also polish as that is what the customer is paying for....

I plan on topping this w/ some sort of nuba or sealant.

I dont want to go the KAIO route because I dont plan on removing much marring, just whatever the 1step polish takes out. and KAIO really magnifies imperfections.

I hope i cleared up what im looking for and not made it that much more fuzzy to everyone, sorry I am BAD with words!

Thanks again everyone

Jim

Envious Eric
04-23-2007, 08:00 PM
megs #66 will be what you are looking for...its a chemical cleaner wax that will remove any oxidation and fill in light swirling and leave behing about 2-3 months protection

by the way: why DOESNT the client want swirls removal??? he likes them or something?

kleraudio
04-23-2007, 08:07 PM
LOL he doesnt like them just doesnt want to spend the money. I gave him a good price but I want to be out of there in 4 hours time.

I have been looking at XMT 360 and have seen some good reviews, maybe I will pick that up, it seems that I will be going w/ an AIO type product.

does 4 hours seems like a reasonable amount of time for this detail?

Jim

imported_hooked
04-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I`m no pro but an AIO like JW Prime or Poli-Seal with a light polishing pad would be my guess - since those are the only ones I`ve worked with :D

brig2221
04-23-2007, 09:34 PM
I just got my Poorboys PWS (Polish with Sealant) in the other day and used it on my wifes car, and I was really impressed with the results. Easy on, easy off, took out some swirls, left a very nice finish, and was easy to wipe off without any remaining residue.

I believe Poorboys PWS is their "All-In-One" product. You might want to check it out.

ron231
04-23-2007, 10:11 PM
I would use xmt360 or clearkote moose wax.

kleraudio
04-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Yea right nowI am leaning toward XMT 360, still dont know though, i will make a decision tomorrow, i cant think right now, its late!

Jim

Envious Eric
04-24-2007, 12:18 AM
4 hours is toooooo long...for a one step, you should be done in about 45-60 minutes, maybe 1hr 15 min at most...post wash