PDA

View Full Version : Convince me not to buy Sonus SFX-2...

nosml
04-22-2007, 09:10 PM
I have an `05 VW Touareg. The interior is immaculate. The exterior could use some work--mainly taking care of swirls and light marring. The car used to be my father`s, so I was able to keep it `somewhat` protected on an infrequent basis.

I`m a long time lurker of the forum, although for the last few years have been very inactive due to college. After reading the forums for the last few weeks and trying to get up to speed with new products and techniques, I seem to have reached a point where I need to get my hands dirty.

After much searching, I decided I am going to polish with Sonus SFX-2 with an LC Orange or White pad (I would like to go Green, but I do not think it comes in a 6" size.) So fellow Autopia`s why shouldn`t I try SFX-2. If not SFX-2, what should I use and why?

I`m well aware there are a lot of product suggestion threads; however, one poster stated, "no two situations are alike and results are different for everyone." (I`m sorry I did not write down who said it.) I want to thank you guys in advance for helping me out. I`ll be sure to post a `click and brag` when I am done.

SVR
04-23-2007, 06:28 AM
No reason why you shouldn`t. Don`t finish with it though.

It`s a brilliant 2000 grit polish.

I mix the original SFX 2 green coloured stuff with the new V2 version as I believe the old one is slightly better but yes it does dry too fast on it`s own

David, it would also be nice to have it in 473ml and 32 oz sizes

nosml
04-23-2007, 10:29 AM
No reason why you shouldn`t. Don`t finish with it though.

It`s a brilliant 2000 grit polish.

After polishing I plan to use the Klasse twins and possibly S100 if I need even more depth and wetness.

joshtpa
04-23-2007, 10:33 AM
should look great

velobard
04-23-2007, 11:18 AM
You should be fine with it, but I`d suggest using a finish polish to follow up. I suspect the SFX-2 will leave a little haze or micro-marring (not experienced with it though). I`ll bet you`ll see the difference if you finish up with something finer.

TortoiseAWD
04-23-2007, 11:26 AM
SFX-2 has always finished LSP-ready for me. A followup with a finer polish may give an little extra enhancement, but not much, IMO.

FWIW,

Tort

SVR
04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah it`s always been haze and marring free but obviously the gloss is not sensational yet.

I used SFX 1, 2 and Dinitrol 7020 (2500) on a badly neglected 99 Nissan patrol

Came out wet and glossy. I didn`t even go past a polish pad either and it was hologram free (they are the things that P me off)

Shftup
04-28-2007, 07:29 PM
I sometimes follow up with SFX1+RMG to get the final look before applying LSP. Good combo to try. If not that, then to Menzerna FPII+RMG.