PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna vs. Megs

imported_wagsjr
04-22-2007, 06:37 PM
I know a lot of it is all in the prep etc. So how much better is Menzerna compared to Megs. I know the Megs 80 and 83 take forever to polish my black explorer. It takes gours just to do with 80 and the pc. If the work time is better I may be interested. I have a post in the trading section looking to try the stuff. Anyone know if they sell the smaller bottles or samples to try.

imported_rydawg
04-22-2007, 06:53 PM
my opinion there is not much comparison, especially when you compare to 106ff, 85rd, etc. The new scr menzernas are just off the charts in gloss if works by rotory. The looks alone make me want to detail more.

David Fermani
04-22-2007, 10:00 PM
I think that there are alot of product lines out there(including Megs) that can achieve perfect correction(with rotary). So, I don`t think one perfect finish stands out better than another. It comes down to what people prefer and what works for them. High price sometimes might not equal highest quality. From what I`ve seen here, both are great products.

Accumulator
04-23-2007, 01:42 PM
wagsjr- Yeah, both are good, they`re just different. Meg`s is big on "leaves stuff behind" polishes...all those "trade secret oils". Menzerna leaves a "cleaner" finish, less stuff left behind.

I think of them (broadly/generally speaking) this way: using carnaubas- Meguiar`s; using sealants- Menzerna. Daily driver- Meguiar`s; pampered beauty- Menzerna.

Working by PC, I`d probably lean towards the Meg`s for your Explorer. Maybe do the major correction with something potent like H-T EC and then switch to the Meg`s.

Todd@RUPES
04-23-2007, 01:46 PM
All those "trade secret oils" leave behind a very glossy finish. Like you said perfect for topping with one of Meguiars` sealents or a carnauba.

imported_wagsjr
04-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I was wondring if Menz. using the same prep work will leave behind a finish that will blow me away. I will need to learn all about how the Menz. system works because with Megs I can dial it in every time knowing the product line so well.

Accumulator
04-23-2007, 06:09 PM
I dunno....with the supposed exception ("supposed" because I`ve yet to try them) of the Menzerna products for scratch-resistant clears I don`t really buy the idea that one product line will blow away another, at least not with biggies like Menzerna and Meguiar`s. Meg`s stuff *works*. I`m not a big fan of it, but it`s good stuff. On a black finish that might not get 100% perfect, I`d probably be choosing between meg`s and 1Z (once I got the worst of the marring fixed with H-T EC).

You *know* the Meg`s stuff...so I`d lean towards sticking with it. I`m a *BIG* believer in not fixing stuff that isn`t broken ;)

David Fermani
04-23-2007, 08:28 PM
I don`t really buy the idea that one product line will blow away another, at least not with biggies like Menzerna and Meguiar`s. Meg`s stuff *works*. I`m not a big fan of it, but it`s good stuff.

You *know* the Meg`s stuff...so I`d lean towards sticking with it. I`m a *BIG* believer in not fixing stuff that isn`t broken ;)

That sums it up pretty good. With all the different products out there, it would take forever to master them all. Each could require different aplications and techniques that could be pretty confusing. After you master a proven line of products, you will understand that you might not need to think outside of the box.

clnfrk
04-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Blackfire`s SRC polishes hands down. No comparison at all.

wannafbody
04-23-2007, 09:00 PM
FP2 is a very nice finishing polish and works great by hand on softer paints.

imported_wagsjr
04-23-2007, 11:52 PM
Not questioning Menz because I have never used it but taking 2 panels of my truck I will do a side by side comparison. I would like to see 2 panels before LSP swirl free after using each polish for my own knowledge.

Seems like the Menz sounds like it is a lot quicker to break down.

Accumulator
04-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Not questioning Menz because I have never used it but taking 2 panels of my truck I will do a side by side comparison. I would like to see 2 panels before LSP swirl free after using each polish for my own knowledge..

That sounds like a good approach :xyxthumbs

If I were you I`d get the Menzerna stuff for the scratch-resistant clears...it oughta be the one that might *really* wow you.

joshtpa
04-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Look forward to the results.