PDA

View Full Version : How does Powergloss compare to Super Intensive Polish? (3.01)

crew219
04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Helped detail a 2001 Santorin Blue Audi this weekend and there were several marring / scratches that wouldn`t come out even with the rotary with IP or PO106FF on an orange LC pad. Looking at purchasing either powergloss or the SIP, but am not sure how each of them stand relative to one another. Regardless, I will be finishing down with PO106FF or PO85RD, so finishing results between Powergloss and SIP are somewhat irrelevant. I would like to know how they stand compared to each other in terms of aggressiveness.

From Properautocare`s site, it states that Powergloss has twice the cutting power as IP.

From my Menzerna distributor, he states that SIP has twice the amount of abrasives as IP.

Input from those who have used both would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

imported_rydawg
04-29-2007, 11:53 PM
I used the new SIP and it kicks. I just did a 02 Volvo Burgandy with hard clear like the Audis. I used a megs polish pad and it worked perfect and left a flawless finish. Very impressive if you ask me. You`ll see my click and brag Tuesday when I have time posing it.

In damp weather it will react touchy but nothing major. Finished so good, some may not even need to finish polish it.

It does have twice the amount of cut as the standard IP, but they are very small and sharper. It`s more creamy and a little goes a long way. Best pad is a polish pad. Cutting pad may be to much and leave hazing. You will be amazed at it. I know it`s $49.95, but well worth it in my book. The only thing that is better is the 3.02 which none of us can get yet.