PDA

View Full Version : Detailing product line - hang ups

Fallz
04-22-2007, 06:00 PM
I get hung up on detailing product lines .

I for some reason have this thing about using a complete line , like all FK stuff , or all CK stuff or Megs ...ect..... I dont know why that is .

I like the FK line a lot and the 425 is the best detail spray I`ve used , but I want to start using more liquids than paste because of time , so I`m thinking of going to CK line.

Do you guys know what I mean , I`m just like anal OCD when it comes to stuff like that. Does anyone else feel this type of keeping it in the same line use ?

joshtpa
04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Sometimes, but I am not one for brand loyalty. I go with what products seem to work the best. Right now, I think those are some JW products and some Optimum products. I like a lot of the Pinnacle XMT as well. But there are tons of great ones. Clearkote makes things very simple and all in all some great stuff.

David Fermani
04-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Almost all of my products come from one manufacturer. I haven`t had good luck mixing exterior polishes in process from different companies. I think and hope chemical manufacturers make their products to be used in conjunction with each other in their own line up.

David703
04-22-2007, 10:21 PM
I`m sorta like that also... Love the Mother`s line, the Menzerna line.. and the High Temp line.

Evenflow
04-22-2007, 10:39 PM
I wish I was like that. I have to many products. Half the stuff on the shelf I haven`t used. I wish I could just stick to one brand

kyotousa
04-22-2007, 10:43 PM
I`m sorta like that also... Love the Mother`s line, the Menzerna line.. and the High Temp line.

have you tried Mother`s Power Polish

so little review on this product here

SVR
04-23-2007, 06:25 AM
I like variety so I have tonnes of different brands

xhaust50
04-23-2007, 06:42 AM
have you tried Mother`s Power Polish

so little review on this product here

I`ve used it and it is pretty good for what it is designed for. It`s a little less aggressive than DACP, but it finishes down nicer. Definitely one of the best OTC polishes for prep work.

Accumulator
04-23-2007, 01:58 PM
I`m the opposite of the one-product-line. I`ll use three (or more) different brands of compound/abrasive polish on the same vehicle and then apply somebody else`s LSP! And that`s after washing and claying with stuff from two *more* lines and using yet something *else* on the undercarriage/etc.

Griot`s, Sonus, P21S, Hi-Temp, 3M, 1Z, Four Star, FK, Zep, Meguiar`s, Pinnacle, Wurth, and 303. Used all those product lines on the S8, and I`m probably forgetting something.