PDA

View Full Version : Fire Glaze

Pages : [1] 2

jdthompson
04-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Having seen some cheap on eBay I`ve brought a bottle as something to maybe try on my Mum`s car or maybe my own or maybe keep in the inventory for a rainy day.

I`ve seen the odd passing reference, but wondered if anyone had any experience/comment of this product?

DM101
04-22-2007, 01:58 PM
No, I have some but have not tried it either,

porta
04-22-2007, 02:11 PM
I like it, so give it a try. IMHO better then many other sealants around here.

Big Leegr
04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Only durability test that I could think of, in terms of blocking UV, was to apply it to some brass house numbers. Applied in the fall, by Feb they were turning darker, by now they look like they need some loving. So, in my less-than-scientific test, I found that the protection def. won`t last a year, at least not "good" protection. I guess I could have done half and left half unprotected. Maybe I`ll try that this summer. ;)

jdthompson
04-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I emailed the makers to check but does anyone know if it removes existing wax?

I`ll likely try it on my Mum`s silver MX5 (Miata) and see how it is.

wannafbody
04-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I`ve read one user who claims that it is pretty durable.

metropolitandet
04-22-2007, 11:52 PM
It`s pretty decent, but has a lot of fillers.

pogo123
04-23-2007, 04:55 AM

That`s sort of like saying apple pie is good but it`s full of apples. It`s a glaze therefore it has fillers! :chuckle:

BlackElantraGT
04-23-2007, 05:20 AM

let me guess, should we apply Matrix coating instead?

:beware

SVR
04-23-2007, 05:40 AM
I love it. I am using double strength sealant at the moment.

so far it has lasted a year on my hilux and doing a great job on my falcon too.

That has five coats on it plus twenty of other. It gets a tonne of TLC.

No water spots, fallout or other contaminants don`t etch and come off with a wash

It is also a great polish for plastic trims, glass and such.

I just dab it on, leave for 12 hours and remove.

Apparently there is new stuff from Glare (makers of fireglaze) that is even better again

I`m looking at getting gallon bottles but will also be getting a detailing sized kit from matrix micro coatings soon as well. Their new gel formula will be interesting

Hey I was skeptical about these too but I had to find out if they are real deal.

jdthompson
04-23-2007, 12:16 PM
I`m not too concerned about fillers as the car is new enough not to have anything despite really seriously minor swirls that you`d need a Brinkmann to see.

I should add that I`m not looking for a "12 month miracle" product, just interested how good it is as a sealant either in its own right or as a base with wax over it.

Here in the UK there`s been a lot of positive feedback about the CG Wet Mirror Finish, which I see has Glassplexin in it.

I saw the Fire Glaze dirt cheap on eBay and figured it`s worth $8 even if it stays in the garage for ages before I try it.

jdthompson
04-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Just a quick follow up. The stuff has arrived today. The bottle is a bit bashed which may be due to the post or age.

The liquid inside it is a pretty chemically/horrible smelling light beige colour - does that sound about right? (I only ask as I got it cheap off eBay).

Big Leegr
04-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Mine smells bad too, but I would describe it more med. brown or dark beige. Did you shake it well before looking? It does separate.

DM101
07-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Rummaged around and found in my dozens of productsand found it. Tried this stuff on my chrome rims. WOW nice bright shine, good cleaning, and easy to remove. I was using Fire Glaze+ ... Did not try on paint.

porta
07-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Works great on paint, gives a very reflective look.