PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

rkf76
04-22-2007, 01:11 PM
http://www.chemicalguys.com/photos/CWS_301-2T.jpg

My jug of NXT is getting low so i`m shopping around for a new product to try, has anyone ever tried this stuff? A gallon of it only costs $18.95, so the price is definitely right, I just want to get some feedback on it to see if it`s something I should consider.

danforz
04-22-2007, 01:22 PM
If I`m not mistaken, thats the wash thats realllly concentrated. IF you don`t dilute it right it can strip your LSP. Otherwise I`d imagine its worth a try.

rkf76
04-22-2007, 01:27 PM
If I`m not mistaken, thats the wash thats realllly concentrated. IF you don`t dilute it right it can strip your LSP. Otherwise I`d imagine its worth a try.Diluting it right = following the dilution ratio instructions on the jug, right?

imported_gusbubba
04-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Diluting it right = following the dilution ratio instructions on the jug, right?

Yep.

As a wash , mix 1/2 oz. per 2 gals. of water.

2 oz. per 1 gal. of water to use as a paintwork cleanser

for heavy grime and wax.

If you`re gonna use it as a paint cleaner , be prepared to

stand around rinsing your vehicle for awhile...it doesn`t go away

without a fight. And for cripes` sake DON`T use the heavy mix in

direct sunlight...it may never come off.

If you notice any streaking or what looks like build-up during drying,

just re-rinse or re-wash....it happened to me ; now I know better.

rkf76
04-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Yep.

If you`re gonna use it as a paint cleaner , be prepared to

stand around rinsing your vehicle for awhile...it doesn`t go away

without a fight. And for cripes` sake DON`T use the heavy mix in

direct sunlight...it may never come off.

If you notice any streaking or what looks like build-up during drying,

just re-rinse or re-wash....it happened to me ; now I know better.Cool, im pretty good at following directions.

Makes mental note to self not to use it as a paint cleaner.

danforz
04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Cool, im pretty good at following directions.

Makes mental note to self not to use it as a paint cleaner.

Well, with all the washes out there, if your going to get this one why not use it as a paint cleanser? Seems like a good way to do two things at once when you need to

orngez
04-22-2007, 02:57 PM
its is an awesome car wash...1/2 ounce is enough to do most cars...even fairly dirty ones...use in about 3 gallons of water if using the bucket method...or 1/2 ounce in a foam gun and i fill the rest of it with water...and it really does leave a gloss behind..you will enjoy using it..great lubricity and cleaning power

rkf76
04-22-2007, 03:17 PM
its is an awesome car wash...1/2 ounce is enough to do most cars...even fairly dirty ones...use in about 3 gallons of water if using the bucket method...or 1/2 ounce in a foam gun and i fill the rest of it with water...and it really does leave a gloss behind..you will enjoy using it..great lubricity and cleaning powerSounds like a winner

klumzypinoy
04-22-2007, 03:43 PM
its is an awesome car wash...1/2 ounce is enough to do most cars...even fairly dirty ones...use in about 3 gallons of water if using the bucket method...or 1/2 ounce in a foam gun and i fill the rest of it with water...and it really does leave a gloss behind..you will enjoy using it..great lubricity and cleaning power

hey Orngez...how do you compare this wash to say, DG 901 and PB SS&S, if you`ve used any of those :)

orngez
04-22-2007, 04:19 PM
hey Orngez...how do you compare this wash to say, DG 901 and PB SS&S, if you`ve used any of those :)

i`ve used both and the dg and sss are both great..but what is nice about the wash n gloss is the cleaning power is much better the more you add...and it still retains its lubricity properties...my only thing with dg and sss is its low cleaning power compared to wash n gloss...and the gallon size of wash n gloss is a great value at under 20 bucks a gallon...on well maintained vehicles all three perform pretty much the same...but i still give the edge to wash n gloss as it really does leave a nice gloss behind like you just did a wipe down with a spray wax....on dirty cars wash n gloss wins hands down as you can increase the soap ratio and get a very powerful paint cleaner/shampoo..sss and dg perform pretty much the same to me in high and low concentrations...you get lubricity but no more cleaning power...also...put wash n gloss in a spray bottle and dilute it just enough so that it can spray like a gel wheel cleaner and you have a wheel cleaner that is comparable to p21s gel wheel cleaner...i still use my pb wheel cleaner..but as soon as i use it up i will be switching to just using wash n gloss for wheels to consolidate my detailing shelf

klumzypinoy
04-22-2007, 04:27 PM
i`ve used both and the dg and sss are both great..but what is nice about the wash n gloss is the cleaning power is much better the more you add...and it still retains its lubricity properties...my only thing with dg and sss is its low cleaning power compared to wash n gloss...and the gallon size of wash n gloss is a great value at under 20 bucks a gallon...on well maintained vehicles all three perform pretty much the same...but i still give the edge to wash n gloss as it really does leave a nice gloss behind like you just did a wipe down with a spray wax....on dirty cars wash n gloss wins hands down as you can increase the soap ratio and get a very powerful paint cleaner/shampoo..sss and dg perform pretty much the same to me in high and low concentrations...you get lubricity but no more cleaning power...also...put wash n gloss in a spray bottle and dilute it just enough so that it can spray like a gel wheel cleaner and you have a wheel cleaner that is comparable to p21s gel wheel cleaner...i still use my pb wheel cleaner..but as soon as i use it up i will be switching to just using wash n gloss for wheels to consolidate my detailing shelf

I should buy me a gallon of citrus wash :)

rkf76
04-22-2007, 04:51 PM
i`ve used both and the dg and sss are both great..but what is nice about the wash n gloss is the cleaning power is much better the more you add...and it still retains its lubricity properties...my only thing with dg and sss is its low cleaning power compared to wash n gloss...and the gallon size of wash n gloss is a great value at under 20 bucks a gallon...on well maintained vehicles all three perform pretty much the same...but i still give the edge to wash n gloss as it really does leave a nice gloss behind like you just did a wipe down with a spray wax....on dirty cars wash n gloss wins hands down as you can increase the soap ratio and get a very powerful paint cleaner/shampoo..sss and dg perform pretty much the same to me in high and low concentrations...you get lubricity but no more cleaning power...also...put wash n gloss in a spray bottle and dilute it just enough so that it can spray like a gel wheel cleaner and you have a wheel cleaner that is comparable to p21s gel wheel cleaner...i still use my pb wheel cleaner..but as soon as i use it up i will be switching to just using wash n gloss for wheels to consolidate my detailing shelfLooks like we have a winner!

I think you`ve just sold me on this stuff:woot:

davepham671
04-22-2007, 04:58 PM
i still use my pb wheel cleaner..but as soon as i use it up i will be switching to just using wash n gloss for wheels to consolidate my detailing shelf

Thats what i did! It did a great job on my reeimz(factory painted alloys). I still gotta try it on my car.

AL-53
04-22-2007, 05:05 PM
I bought a gallon of this shampoo to try out..Talking to Paul he said follow dilution ratio ..if you add more you get a stronger cleaner...and will remove wax...1/2 oz tops to 2 gallons is for best results as a regular wash....I took 4 oz and mixed in a 32oz spray bottle and sprayed my rims with it at the spray wash bays...it melted brake dust ..even though they were not bad ..I seen the dust just start to flow down....pretty impressive wash..

I still like my DG901 but this stuff has its place as a pre polish soap...maybe a engine cleaner..rim cleaner ..and as a straight wash on the truck with the 1/2oz to 2-3 gallons of water...

Al

orngez
04-22-2007, 05:14 PM
i definitely think all the other high lubricity washes have their place...i think this is the best all around wash...pretty much like onr it has multiple uses...