PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new lineup

Gimics
04-22-2007, 03:30 AM
I`m just starting to get serious with detailing and think I need to step up my products a little bit. I don`t want to spend alot of money on products.. because I don`t think I`m gonna be to fussy over my outcomes, and where I live, i need to order everything in. I want to go with like a 5 product, multipurpose team. Here`s what I was thinkin:

Wash - ONR

Prep/Correction - Opti Poli

AIO - Opti Poli-Seal

Synthetic Wax (Durability) - Meg`s NXT

Extra Glaze/Wax (Shine) - Clearkote Carnauba Wax or ?

let me know what you think.. or what would be your 5 product, cost efficient, dream team?

PS. any WW and bulk MF suggestions? (would like something I could order online, shipped to Canada)

thanks a ton, ANY opinion is appreciated

Edit: corrected my headings so it makes a little more sense

joshtpa
04-22-2007, 07:30 AM
I dont see where the Megs NXT fits into this lineup, and you have a few things backwars. Correction/AIO is PoliSeal and Finishing is Optiseal. That is pretty much all you need. If you are looking for a complete line, you can check out JW products. They have some great systems.

xhaust50
04-22-2007, 08:27 AM
If you were trying to receive good results for as little money and with as less product as possible I would go this route from topoftheline.com

Wash: ONR

Clay: TOL (haven`t used personally)

Prep: Hi-Temp Medium Cut Compound

Finishing: Hi-Temp Paint Perfection Glaze (a slight abbrasive, with a polymer sealant, similar to AIO)

Sealant: Hi-Temp Terminator Polymer Sealant

Wax: TOL Pizazz or S100

TOL also has some good deals on microfibers.

joshtpa
04-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Support the board, shop with our sponsors.

xhaust50
04-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Another cheap solution would be to search through The Trading Post for deals on stuff. That way you can spend less on smaller stuff, and see which polishes you like. You can then place an order with one of our board sponsors and know that you will like what you are receiving.

joshtpa
04-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Contact Bob at Danase and he will let you know everything to do.

Gimics
04-22-2007, 01:33 PM
I`m not incredibly worried about costs... I just am not so picky as to spend lot`s of money on products that i won`t even notice a difference from. Any more suggestions on products and not just where to purchase them?

PS. Is optimum - polish pointless of I`m going to be using optimum - poli-seal? (I don`t come across any really horrible vehicles... but I do come across some mmaaad swirls.. so I don`t really figure I need a compound, that`s why I just went with the polish).

joshtpa
04-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I`m not incredibly worried about costs... I just am not so picky as to spend lot`s of money on products that i won`t even notice a difference from. Any more suggestions on products and not just where to purchase them?

PS. Is optimum - polish pointless of I`m going to be using optimum - poli-seal? (I don`t come across any really horrible vehicles... but I do come across some mmaaad swirls.. so I don`t really figure I need a compound, that`s why I just went with the polish).

Not at all. PS is more of an AIO. Polish is essential whether it be optimum or another brand. Bob at Danase can guide you through this better than anyone.

ProStreetCamaro
04-22-2007, 01:51 PM
1. ONR

2. Optimum compound

3. Optimum poli-seal

4. Optimum Opti-Seal

This is a deadly combo produces great results.

joshtpa
04-22-2007, 01:54 PM
I cant argue that....That is what I just put on my Volvo.

Accumulator
04-22-2007, 05:11 PM
I`d skip the sealant and just use a good, durable wax-type LSP such as Collinite.

FWIW, marring like "just swirls" can require some pretty aggressive work. Unless you work with some very soft paints, I`d consider something along the lines of Hi-Temp Heavy Cut, then Meg`s #80 (which would work OK by itself on light stuff).

If they were still making them, my answer would be easy: 3M PI-III RC 05933, PI-III MG 05937, Collinite wax.

Another option would be to use 1Z brand polishes, which don`t get much mention around here.