PDA

View Full Version : Detailing-How much?

Pages : [1] 2 3

rickssimpala
04-21-2007, 09:08 PM
I`m interested in getting my car detailed and was wondering what is a typical price for an exterior job on a black car. The paint has lots of swirls and scratches also looks like a re-paint. Dont think it needs claying but i could be wrong. I`m talking about a full exterior detailing.Theres a local guy that will come to my house and do it for $120. Did any of you "professional" detailers start that way?

kleraudio
04-21-2007, 09:16 PM
full detail on black car = 200-250

Jim

rickssimpala
04-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Is that full exterior only?

Joshua312
04-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I would say around $175-200 for my pricing. That is exterior only on a black vehicle with lots of swirls. I`m almost definite it will need claying. You get what you pay for IMO, don`t get stuck paying $100 for a hack and then have to pay again to have it fixed - do it right the first time. But also, just because someone has lower pricing than what we are saying doesn`t necessarily mean they are a hack.

If you are iffy maybe have them do a test panel on the vehicle to see their skill level.

rickssimpala
04-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Thats a good idea.I should see what he can do first.Maybe go to one of his detailing jobs.

xhaust50
04-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Your best bet is to put your location in your profile and then look in the regional section of this forum to see if someone can help you out. That way you can see pics of their work on here.

Joshua312
04-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Your best bet is to put your location in your profile and then look in the regional section of this forum to see if someone can help you out. That way you can see pics of their work on here.

^Agreed, more than likely there will be an autopian in your area more than willing to help you out and do the detail for you.

Whitethunder46
04-22-2007, 09:15 AM
My pricing for a full exterior detail is:

$110 base which of course includes swirl/scratch removal.

Upgrade to a sealant. Since it`s black, I`d use WG DGPS: +$25

OR

upgrade to CK`s VM, CK`s RMG, topped with Souveran Paste: add +$40.

kleraudio
04-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Why dont you just charge 150 and include the VM/RMG/Souveran? Let the customer know this of course....

Seems people dont want upgrades, you might be better off including it in the price.

Jim

Changeling
04-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Thats a good idea.I should see what he can do first.Maybe go to one of his detailing jobs.

Ask for some references.

Changeling

Accumulator
04-22-2007, 12:13 PM
rickssimpala- I`d sure be careful about letting somebody work on your SS, there are a *lot* of hacks out there.

IMO Whitethunder46`s price is very reasonable...I`d expect a full exterior on your car to cost a lot more than that.

I`d sure try to find somebody from here you could do the car and then I`d work on getting your wash regimen all sorted out so you don`t have to polish it again for a good long time.

Changeling
04-22-2007, 12:23 PM
For the amount of work you guys do on a vehicle (full detail), $150.00-200.00 is nuts. If you are capable of doing an excellent job, there is no way you should charge less than $250.00 at the very least.

The idea is to get paid for your time, travel, wear and tear, materials, clean up (your stuff), and the actual detail work (your expertise) !

Try breaking all these things down and you will see exactly what I mean.

Good grief, get them prices up or you will starve.

Changeling

imported_Denzil
04-22-2007, 02:10 PM
For the amount of work you guys do on a vehicle (full detail), $150.00-200.00 is nuts. If you are capable of doing an excellent job, there is no way you should charge less than $250.00 at the very least.

The idea is to get paid for your time, travel, wear and tear, materials, clean up (your stuff), and the actual detail work (your expertise) !

Try breaking all these things down and you will see exactly what I mean.

Good grief, get them prices up or you will starve.

Changeling

I thought we were talking about a full exterior detail? :confused:

Whitethunder46
04-22-2007, 10:53 PM
My price is semi-low because I am new the professional detailing world and trying to get my name out there and at the top of the list. Although, my work is far beyond most detailers around here and I only use top, boutique products, I am new.

Also, the area I live in I really can not charge that much. In fact, I was told the other day someone thought my prices were high ($150 for full detail on cars).

kleraudio
04-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Wow 150 is def not high! Hey White thunder how are you going about drumming up new business, and is it working?

Thanks

Jim