PDA

View Full Version : Just used Sonus Gray clay bar

coverbw
04-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Had to remove some heavy water spotting from a sprinkler on my Titan. I thought it was going to take some heavy polishing to remove them, but the Sonus clay bar cut right through it. I am new to detailing and this is my first experience with Sonus. Needless to say I am very impressed! I have an old Mother`s clay bar I was using on the windows and apparently Sonus Glyde Clay Lubricant is NOT compatible with it. It turned the bar to mush and it pretty much fell apart. Anyone else have this happen?

JasonD
04-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Glad to hear you had positive results. Yes, what you experienced with the Meg`s clay bar and Sonus Spray happens quite often. It can happen anything there is a compatability issue between the clay and the lube you use. I also hear of this happening when using regular car wash shampoo as a lube. Just remember the combo and don`t do it again! LOL.

:welcome

imported_etml12
04-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Today was my first experience with Sonus Block as well. It has been sitting in the bottom of the box so to say for quite some time. I have been hesitant to use it as many others on the forum have complained about marring issues. Well, I set out to detail my father`s Envoy XUV as a b-day gift. When I got home there was a ton of tar everywhere. All the usual places plus in all 4 door jams, on the roof, and all over the tailgate. I just happened to bring Sonus grey along with the usual green out of sheer luck. I`d probably still be out there if I used the green. The vehicle is a light silver metalic so I though I`d give it a go with the grey. For a little extra insurance, I mixed up some double strength ONR clay lube. Any marring left behind was removd with easy by poli-seal. I then topped with Blackfire APP for a slick, glossy finish.

Maybe I`m lucky or the stars just aligned for me. Stuff works great and defintily had the bite required for all the contamination present. Also, as a side note I found it far easier to work with than the Blackfire clay sold by properautocare. The Sonus grey is far easier to knead in comparison.