PDA

View Full Version : The Avian Toilet - Part II

boywonder
04-21-2007, 08:21 AM
For many of you that are new, I wrote up what I did to this car last year in this thread: http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/71668-prinzii-vs-avian-toilet.html?highlight=Avian

Quite a bit has changed between then and now (e.g. Arizona) and it`s time for the Neon to get a little TLC. This little car made the 1800+ mile trip between Chicago and Phoenix with stops in Tulsa, Amarillo, and Gallup (NM). Since it`s been here, I have washed it and noticed some moderate swirling from when the wife would take it through the swirl-o-matics.

However, one major problem arose. The majority of my detailing stuff is in storage back in Chicago (including my PC7336 and my Chicago Electric Rotary) and with the work needed to correct the car, I was, for lack of a better word, "unarmed".

Well, thanks to the following folks, my "re-arming" has commenced:

Jaycevs: PC7824 Rotary & Meguiar`s Pads

flatstick: Menzerna IP and FP

...along with a few goodies from the Autopia Store.

Plan of Attack:

Wash w/ dish detergent to remove previous coats of wax

Eagle One Wheel & Tire Cleaner

Sonus Block Clay

PC 7428 Rotary

Sonus Swirl Buster Pad

Menzerna IP

Menzerna FP II

Meguiar`s Pads

Stoner`s Invisible Glass

Autoglym Glass Polish

303 Protectant

Tire Gel from 99 Cents Only Store

MFs from 99 Cents Only

P21S Wax

However, I did a test with the rotary, IP, and the SwirlBuster pad. I had the rotary on 1200-1400 and buffed half of the top. To my dismay, the IP didn`t even make a dent in the swirls even after working it in thoroughly. Now, I am considering a different polish and I am trying to decide whether to use Optimum Polish to tackle this with the SB pad.

Can anyone give me any pointers/tips on dealing with Optimum polish and the PC 7428?

gmblack3
04-21-2007, 08:54 AM
I don`t think that OP has much more cut then IP. Maybe you need something like EC/OP mix. Sounds like you have the OP already. I can send you a few oz of EC if you like to try.

boywonder
04-21-2007, 09:39 AM
I don`t have the OP but I was considering this: Optimum Polish/Compound Package (http://store.danase.com/oppokit.html)

I am interested in the sample to try it out.

gmblack3
04-21-2007, 12:51 PM
I don`t have the OP but I was considering this: Optimum Polish/Compound Package (http://store.danase.com/oppokit.html)

I am interested in the sample to try it out.

I sent you a PM.

boywonder
04-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Got it and responded

boywonder
04-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I am going to try your sample out as aoon as I get it.

SpoiledMan
04-22-2007, 09:53 PM
I`ve been tweaking the EC/OP mix with PG with nice results. :D

boywonder
04-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Spoiled: Interesting....Do you have a sample of that you can send me for trying out?

boywonder
05-15-2007, 03:03 PM
I have both samples and will try them out on the car soon. In the meantime, I am going to have to invest in a new vacuum.

SpoiledMan
05-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Prinz, it`s readily obvious what the bottle with the white stuff is. The gray stuff is none other than Menzerna 85RD.:D