PDA

View Full Version : Stepping into some Menzerna Products please help...

r12rex
04-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Hey guys, I`ve been very satisfied with Optimum`s line of polishes/compounds. I initially started with the poorboys line-up but really disliked the dust but enjoyed the ease of use. Now that I`ve been introduced to Optimums line I have been very satisfied, but I feel it`s time to move on to something new. I`ve always wanted Menzerna`s line of products to use on my black 2006 Subaru STi. Exactly what products would you recommend me? I know they are the manufacturer of Blackfire`s line so whatever you guys recommend...go for it! I appreciate it. The line will be used strictly on my car (STi) and no other car, so keep that in mind (my car does not go too far with swirls/etc.) What products do I need to make my Menzerna line complete? Thanks in advance. Sorry for being so newb with them, but I have no experience with their products.

Kind Regards,

Ryan

SpoiledMan
04-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Get a bottle of 106ff and use the various pads that you have. I`m pretty sure that you`ll be more than happy.

r12rex
04-21-2007, 02:29 AM
What do you think of FMJ? This is a sealant correct? Right now I currently use these products

Optimum Compound

Optimum Polish

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

Natty`s blue or Megs 26

FMJ would replace the AIO/SG combo correct? So, as it stands now...

Menzerna 106FF

Menzerna FMJ

??? Anything else I should get?

Kind Regards,

Ryan

joshtpa
04-21-2007, 06:41 AM
That is correct, or on top of KAIO. It is one of the easiest sealants to use. Leaves the car slicker than any other.

SVR
04-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Subaru paint is very soft and with menzerna, the black STI`s that I have done has come out awesome just with 106FF or PO85RD FP

Is it obsidian black?

As long as you have PO91L or PO85RD 3.01 and the two finishing polishes listed above, your car will blow people`s minds

Don`t use edge pads with menz though. DUST A RAMA and skipping

You can keep going after menzerna on your car but choose the product wisely and maybe do it by hand.

Poorboys needs to be used without water. That is what causes the dust.

Kriminal
04-21-2007, 10:33 AM
I`ve got the PO85RD 3.01 and PO106FF for my TT, but the Audi paint is rather hard....so in my opinion, I`d just get the PO106FF for the time being with your Scooby and see how that works.

It lasts a long time as well, so can`t really fault it :2thumbs:

autobahnshine
04-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Where can you find this stuff in cali ?

booyah
04-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Been awhile since I have visited! But right now I use the Menzerna Final polish II, then Klasse IAO, toped off by UPP.

Would it be bettter to go to the 106ff then use FMJ over that and that be it? How does the FP II compare to the 106ff. thanks guys

booyah
04-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Been awhile since I have visited! But right now I use the Menzerna Final polish II, then Klasse IAO, toped off by UPP.

Would it be bettter to go to the 106ff then use FMJ over that and that be it? How does the FP II compare to the 106ff. thanks guys

Any thoughts?:LOLOL

SVR
04-24-2007, 11:39 PM
You would need to do an ISA wipedown or apply a base for the FMJ

Just sticking it on after removing FP II will kill it`s durability