PDA

View Full Version : Can you find the real American Pit Bull Terrior?

Pages : [1] 2

wytstang
04-21-2007, 01:25 AM
After seeing what some of these breeds are it`s no wonder APBT get blamed for everything. But can YOU pick the real APBT out of 20+ breeds that are commonly incorrectly identified as pit bulls

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull (http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html)

Be honest....

SpoiledMan
04-21-2007, 01:39 AM
To show a picture of a puppy is rather misleading don`t you think?

wytstang
04-21-2007, 01:53 AM
Who said that is a puppy?

SpoiledMan
04-21-2007, 02:05 AM
How about this? Forget I ever said anything as I really don`t want to get into a debate about this.

wytstang
04-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Umm ok........Just so others know Spoiledman was posting and since has deleted his post.

percynjpn
04-21-2007, 09:46 AM
The one that looks closest to me is #3. #1 looks like a juvenile American Bull Dog, #4 is a Bernese, #6 is a R. Ridge Back, #14 is a Boxer, #9 is a Bull Mastiff, #20 is my Percy`s colored cousin, etc. However, #s 17 and 24 do look close, though.

percynjpn
04-21-2007, 10:06 AM
I get it now. I clicked on the pics and saw the answers. I still think that the site got the Boxer (14) and the ABD (1) backwards - especially judging by the coloring. Also, the Swiss M Dog is also know as the Bernese M Dog (from the Swiss city of Bern).

Way2SSlow
04-21-2007, 10:11 AM
I got it right, but I`ve seen this before and a buddy of mine has 2 pitbulls (who are friendly as hell).

Accumulator
04-21-2007, 10:27 AM
That wasn`t too tough, especially knowing that only one was an APBT. But then like Way2SSlow I`ve known a fair number of pits (and all the ones I`ve known were great dogs too). Some were great for the test, Dogo Argnetinos are often described as "big white pitbull-like dogs". Seems funny that people would confuse some of those this APBTs though, but then some people thought our one Beauceron was a pit/Dobe mix :nixweiss I suspect people see what they (i.e., their fears/prejudices ;) ) want them to see.

Gotta admit that the Alano Espanol was a new one for me, never saw that before.

WytStang- Thanks for posting that, it`s a neat page.

BREED-SPECIFIC LEGISLATION SUCKS!!

Tasty
04-21-2007, 11:00 AM
I get it now. I clicked on the pics and saw the answers. I still think that the site got the Boxer (14) and the ABD (1) backwards - especially judging by the coloring. Also, the Swiss M Dog is also know as the Bernese M Dog (from the Swiss city of Bern).

The Boxer is definitely a Boxer, but it`s white. That is not an accepted color variation for a boxer, and is often associated with defects like deafness or blindness to have that much white in the coat. I`ve owned 2 Boxers, and my brother has one now. Great dogs.

wytstang
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
I almost chose the Alapaha Blue Blood bulldog (#3) as it`s facial features and chest are similiar as is the Dogo Argnetino.

kpagel
04-21-2007, 11:54 AM
I admit, I didn`t know which one it was. I clicked 5 or 6 of the ones I assumed would be the answer, but then had to resort to clicking on pretty much every picture to find the right answer. However, I`m also not one of those people that get freaked out every time I see a dog that looks scary and I`m certainly not one of those people that want to ban their ownership, etc. I`m just not very well versed on dogs.

One side note... we have a Vizsla here at home and I don`t understand how anyone could confuse her as an APBT, though.

wytstang
04-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Just a little FYI female APBT weight around 35-45lbs so no thats not a puppy like mentioned by someone. kinda like this one Benedict`s Pit Bulls | Specializing In Quality Bred American Pit Bull Terriers For Home & Sport (http://www.benedictspitbulls.com/nippygirl.htm)

rkf76
04-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Wow, it`s hard to figure how people could identify alot of those dogs as pitt`s

And JFTR, I got it right on my first guess, #16 is the real deal APBT

For me, it was out of #16 and #7

AL-53
04-21-2007, 03:37 PM
My picks were 24 and 16....after picking 24 and seen it was a Ca De Bou 16 was my next pick....myself having 2 APBT`s it close on some dogs on the pictures......My favorite is the Boerboel ..but no breeders near me and out of state breeder`s were so far away..plus the cost is about 2500 a pup from good stock....and up....

Al