PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Protectant Plus vs 303 for your Leather Seats?

es350
04-19-2007, 01:28 PM
First Question:

I have tried 303 on my leather seats and dash to protect against UV rays...however 303 was a just a little too greasy and oily. I have heard that Optimum Protection Plus is a bit less oily than 303. Have any of you used both? Any other suggestions would be helpful!

Second Question:

I was going to use Protectant Plus on my leather seats. I want to protect my leather from UV rays. Can anyone give me feedback/ application tips for leather? Also, will Protectant Plus make my leather seats a bit softer like a leather conditioner would?

Can I use Protectant Plus on my leather while using a leather conditioner (without UV protection)? If so, should I use the leather conditioner first then apply the Protectant Plus?

BTW as background, I wanted to use Optimum Protectant Plus on my leather, because I also want to use Optimum Protectant Plus on my dash and vinyl surfaces.

Thanks!

imported_Blake
04-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I have a Lexus and after trying several products I currently use Optimum Protectant Plus on my dash and some of the trim. I have gone back to an old standby for my seats and am definitely pleased. I use Lexol on my seats about 3-4 times a year. My seats are a soft dove grey and they look as good as the day they were new. I havecleaned them lightly a few times with 1 part woolite mixed with 10 parts of water.

Enjoy your Lexus.

mbkintner
04-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Greasy and oily, really? To me 303 is one of the least greasy products I`ve used. Especially compared to something like Vinylex. I find that 303 leaves a slick finish but not greasy.

Junebug
04-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Vinylex is not greasy! I spray it on, wipe of with MF towel, rinse towel in warm water and carry on. 303 is just dead to me, if NO shine is what you want - go ahead. Vinylex leaves a nice matte finish.

mbkintner
04-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Vinylex is not greasy! I spray it on, wipe of with MF towel, rinse towel in warm water and carry on. 303 is just dead to me, if NO shine is what you want - go ahead. Vinylex leaves a nice matte finish.

No need to get all "exclamation pointy" about it. I`m just stating my experience with the products. For me Vinylex is greasy. It feels that way on my hands and on the surface it`s applied to. 303 does not feel this way on my hands or on any surface. As far as the visual characteristics of the two products, I feel that 303`s finish is matte and that Vinylex`s finish is glossy; as compared to each other. Okay by me if you feel differently.

qadsan
04-21-2007, 03:28 PM
First Question:

...however 303 was a just a little too greasy and oily. I have heard that Optimum Protection Plus is a bit less oily than 303. Have any of you used both? Any other suggestions would be helpful!

Are you leaving the 303 on the suface without buffing it off. If so, make sure to buff off the surface with a clean / dry microfiber and that should take care of the oil / greasy issue. You`ll still have the protection from 303.

I haven`t found OPP to soften the leather on seats like some products, but it does provide some light cleaning in addition to protection. It`s easy to use and leaves a nice clean / matt look. When somebody wants gloss, I simply use OTS (Optimum Tire Shine) on their dash or exterior plastics or engine, etc (but never on the pedals).