PDA

View Full Version : No respect for NBC news

Pages : [1] 2

BoxsterCharlie
04-18-2007, 11:26 PM
I can`t believe what the`ve done by broadcasting the materials of the psycho. Borderline illegal IMHO. How much more could they have played into his hands...create a psycho press kit?

The problem is that there are probably several dozen people right now that are seeing all this publicity and it might just take them over the edge.

The right thing to do? Have a couple interns take the materials and a camera to the sidewalk and set everything on fire. Show this clip on the news and simply state: "We received this from the murderer and none of it will ever be made public." (Of course giving the FBI time to scan it, etc.)

jsab9191
04-19-2007, 05:14 AM
I agree , the media is out of control. Thier desire to break a story far exceeds good judgement.

imported_paradigm
04-19-2007, 06:24 AM
the material should have been turned over to the police or thrown out...it really serves no other purpose.

BobD
04-19-2007, 06:44 AM
the material should have been turned over to the police or thrown out...it really serves no other purpose.

It was turned over to the police/FBI. The FBI asked them to wait to break the news and they did. I saw an interview last night with a former FBI agent and they asked him about NBC breaking it an airing it and he said it was two fold. He said 1) If you didn`t air it that it would eventually be in the hands of the tabloids which you don`t want. 2) Once people found out that you had such an item they would want to see it anyway.

To be honest, I am not the biggest fan of some of the media but I think it is more the fault of the viewers who watch this stuff and demand stuff like this. Look at reality TV shows. They are the hottest shows on right now. Personally I can not stand to watch them but I seem to be alone on that. LOL

jasonmac
04-19-2007, 08:23 AM
To be honest, I am not the biggest fan of some of the media but I think it is more the fault of the viewers who watch this stuff and demand stuff like this. Look at reality TV shows. They are the hottest shows on right now. Personally I can not stand to watch them but I seem to be alone on that. LOL

Absolutely not! :) I watch Discovery, Science Channel, History & History Inter., Military and the sports channels -- that`s about it. I wish I could pay a la carte for all I watch!

BoxsterCharlie
04-19-2007, 09:11 AM
I think it needs to be a new policy that materials like this are "locked" from the public. Otherwise it makes it that much easier for copycat crimes. Even these current materials referenced the "martyrs" in Colorado so you know these guys want to feel like they belong to some sort of community.

BobD
04-19-2007, 09:25 AM
To be honest I don`t think this stuff needs to be hidden from the public. I think people really need to see what sort of crazies are lurking around and I am a firm supporter that law abiding citizens should do what they can to protect themselves from these crazies.

kkreit01
04-19-2007, 09:28 AM
I agree. I saw an interesting ABC news special aired Tues night (thought I was recording Boston Legal :( ). One person they interviewed really dogged the media -- how the fact we kept hearing this was a "record killing". Now some other crazy nutjob will want to go out an break the record!

kingDavid76
04-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Im sorry to say, But this what happens when you take God out of Schools. And its the truth! can`t read your bibles can`t pray or anything. its sad to see people get hurt or even kill. I pray for the family. May the LORD give them peace in time like this.

Ps 33:12 -

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,

BobD
04-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I`m confused how taking religion out of schools caused this?

imported_Yal
04-19-2007, 10:19 AM
It could just as well have been CNN, ABC, FOX or CBS. Unfortunately out of all of them NBC has the easiest address to remember without having to look it up. If you put the words NBC, Rockefeller and NY, it will get there.

Larrycolorglo
04-19-2007, 10:22 AM
http://www.funnyordie.com

TigerMike
04-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I think it`s fair to show that stuff once, so everyone is aware of the type of nutjobs that are out there, and maybe someone can learn something from his insanity so as to spot it in the future. But, I think to continually run and rerun it over and over, for endless hours, is actually serving the killer`s purpose even in death, and causes infinitely more pain for the families and friends involved to see this crazy. It`s clear the kid wanted to "be somebody" other than the scum that he was, and thanks to the media`s relentless airing, well, he now is somebody, exactly what he wanted...so who is the media really patronizing?

Larrycolorglo
04-19-2007, 10:40 AM
We could all use a good laugh right about now

http://www.funnyordie.com

Paulie Walnuts
04-19-2007, 10:45 AM
It was turned over to the police/FBI. The FBI asked them to wait to break the news and they did. I saw an interview last night with a former FBI agent and they asked him about NBC breaking it an airing it and he said it was two fold. He said 1) If you didn`t air it that it would eventually be in the hands of the tabloids which you don`t want. 2) Once people found out that you had such an item they would want to see it anyway.

Totally agree, if the viewers did not watch and the ratings fell we would not have the problem of the media reporting this stuff. The media is just out to sell ad space, thats it. There is nothing noble in what they do.