PDA

View Full Version : Ordered PC 7424. Now what??

imported_spielnicht
04-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Just placed my order for my first PC. This may sound dumb, but I was browsing Autogeek and Autopia`s store for pads and I am little confused :hairpull

How does the pads thing work? I guess I need a backing plate so they attach to it via Velcro, right? The terminology is throwing me off. Is there just a flex backing plate and a hook & loop flex backing plate? What does hook and loop mean? Can I use any pad type/brand with the backing plate I buy?

Sorry for sounding dumb, I`m really not new to detailing, I just feel really stupid as I venture into the PC world.

Help :sadwavey:

coupe
04-18-2007, 09:49 AM
I would have to say you are new to detailing :lol

Just do some reading here, you will figure it out.

wannafbody
04-18-2007, 09:52 AM
get a backing plate and 2 white polishing pads and 2 orange cutting pads- check Danase`s forum out at the bottom of the forum list

BigJimZ28
04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
hook and loop = Velcro

yes all pad will work with all backing plates

except for the Edge system it is a little different it uses a self centering adapter

if you don`t have any pad it might be worth looking into

also try a search there is a lot of info here about this subject

steck
04-18-2007, 10:00 AM
properautocare.com has some neat info (tutorials) on their site.... you could learn a lot from their `how to`s`.

orange, white, black, pads of your choice to go with compound, polish, and wax of your choice should get you started.

stick around !

xhaust50
04-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Here`s a velcro backing pad:

Porter Cable Pad Holder (http://topoftheline.com/porcabvelpad.html)

Then LC 7.5" pads, 2 of each:

Yellow, White, Blue (Cutting, Polishing, Finishing)

Lake Country CCS 7.5" Pads (http://topoftheline.com/lake-country-pads-ccs.html)

Everything you need.

Kriminal
04-18-2007, 01:03 PM
hook and loop = Velcro

yes all pad will work with all backing plates

except for the Edge system it is a little different it uses a self centering adapter

if you don`t have any pad it might be worth looking into

also try a search there is a lot of info here about this subject

Ohhhh, thanks for that - I didn`t know what "hook and loop" meant (Dumb Brit Alert !!!) :D

spielnicht : don`t forget that you have different SIZE backing plates, for different size pads too. The smaller the pad, the more intense the action from the PC.