PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tips on applying CMW via PC, I`ve searched!

davela72
04-17-2007, 10:30 PM
CMW is a somewhat thick product IMO and I can`t get it to spread nice. I tried it last week with a black CCS pad on my PC but that pad/design didn`t seem ideal for spreading the wax. i`ve been using some of the Propel pads lately and really like them, been using the blue to apply RMG. Would the black or blue Propel be a good choice for the CMW?

Also, I cn`t quite figure out how much product to apply to the pad? IIRC, I was putting 2 small lines on the pad and going from there, too much, too little?

TIA!

a.k.a. Patrick
04-17-2007, 11:08 PM
I would opt for a Black pad, and apply only enough product to notice a presence of product on the surface. I usually apply a drop abot the size of my pinky nail, at 12-3-6-9 oclock, and then one in the center. You`ll find initially you`ll have more product consumption then throughout the rest of the task. After the pad is impregnated with product, you`ll only need a couple drops o finish off a door panel.

You need only make one pass, unlike polishing, as all your doing is coating the painted surface. Less then an ounce is probably ideal for an average size car.

davela72
04-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Awesome, thanks Patrick, just what I was looking for...you da` man!:2thumbs:

joshtpa
04-18-2007, 06:48 AM
Patrick that is exactly what I do. I do first prime the pad with some XMT stuff and then 3 small dots...WOrks great.