PDA

View Full Version : 2002 BMW 325i- very pleased with results

WordOfMouth
04-17-2007, 09:56 AM
I know you guys aren`t big fans of Griot`s products, but I have to say it did a fantastic job on this Bimmer. He had a few scratches, some deeper than others and some I didn`t think would come out. I was surprised, and he was pleased with the results. I used the Griot`s version of the PC buffer, their orange polishing pad, and then Best-of-Show with their Red waxing pad. The first 3 are before, the next 3 are after.

tom p.
04-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Griot`s has some very fine products. BoS isn`t one of them. The car looks good.

Maintain it with their wheel cleaner and car wash - - those are two to be found on the preferred list.

Enjoy.

RyanDe680
04-17-2007, 10:09 AM
http://autopia.org/forum/attachments/click-brag/11683d1176821772-2002-bmw-325i-very-pleased-results-img_3199-large-.jpg

I still see some hologramming on the front fender....

Any better pics with a light?

WordOfMouth
04-17-2007, 10:11 AM
I will say the BOS kind of dulled the finish after the polish. I used MP2 and had very good depth, and lost some of that with the wax. They also have a Carnuba- is that better than BOS?

imported_bigfoot
04-17-2007, 10:13 AM
A lot of people like Griot`s products, just that some consider them overpriced. Keep working with them, as I`m sure you`ll get the learning curve for them, and the car will come like a showpiece!

WordOfMouth
04-17-2007, 10:14 AM
No other pics- It has lightly rained and spoiled my finish. I wondered about those holograms ( just behind the turn signal, right?)- I`ll have to search and figure out how to get rid of them for the next one.

tom p.
04-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Word, I might suggest other product lines unless you`re getting the Griot`s stuff for free. There are far easier solutions that can compliment the products you already own.

WordOfMouth
04-17-2007, 10:34 AM
I`m open to suggestions, since I don`t own the Griot`s company. no freebies for me

tom p.
04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
well, it would be ideal for you to say what you already own, and either myself or one of the many kind members, can make a few recommendations that will sync up with your products.

imported_themightytimmah
04-17-2007, 10:43 AM
That hologramming looks like BOS that wasn`t wiped off completely... Oily waxes "false hologram" a lot if you don`t use a good enough MF or wipe off thoroughly. I don`t think those are real holograms, it would take a weird pass with a rotary to create something like that.

Try Collinite 845IW instead of BOS... I don`t think you`ll be disappointed.

WordOfMouth
04-17-2007, 11:04 AM
well, it would be ideal for you to say what you already own, and either myself or one of the many kind members, can make a few recommendations that will sync up with your products.

Well- my grand idea was to use Griot`s exclusively. Fell into it hook, line and sinker. I have all the Griots MP1-4, and BOS wax. I use the Griot`s version of the PC buffer. I use the Griot`s orange and red pads, as well as their MF orange and white removal cloths. I kind of like the cloths, but find I go thru a cloth per 1/3 of the car; that may be expected though. I use their clay and QD spray.

So there- My name is Geoff and I fell onto the Griot`s sword for close to $500.

tom p.
04-17-2007, 11:39 AM
well put! However, not much to apologize for apart from the BoS. Trust me, I`ve left lots of $$$ at Richie`s place. BoS has been my only true disappointment...ever.

I just don`t know their wax other products at all and I don`t see them discussed much. There are SO many other products to choose from, I`m not quite sure where to start. I suspect you could successfully use just about anything based on what you`ve accumulated so far. Klasse twins comes to mind...always a winner duo.

How `bout this: Take a peek in the trading post area and maybe scoop up one of or two of the popular products and save yourself a boatload of $$$. Detailing is a very personal experience; I think it`s best if you have the chance to sample a few products and figure out what you`re comfortable with. Establish a base of products and fine tune from there. Does that make sense?

WordOfMouth
04-17-2007, 11:44 AM
sure- I`ve seen Klasse metioned a lot here, as well as Menzerna & Pinnacle Soverign (sp). I do have some Meguiars Pro- wax and finecut #2. I`m going to have to use this until I get rid of it, unless some else wants to buy me out. The problem is I bought this as my working inventory for detailing and don`t want to dump out more $$ just yet.