PDA

View Full Version : What`s everyones favorite Zaino combo?

Pages : [1] 2

Macruz19
04-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Everyone is different using the Zaino system, so I`m curious on what Zaino sealants you guys use to make your car have that "bling", and the ultimate protection.

Here is my current combo:

-proper prep work (menz/sonus/3M)

-Z-PC (by PC)

-Z-ZAIO (by PC)

-2x Z-5p w/ZFX

-1x Z-2p (I hope ZFX is not needed prior to Z-CS, if so oh well..)

-1x Z-CS

NEXT DAY

-Z-8

*Notice, I don`t do the Z-6 wipedown between coats since I don`t think it makes a differance. Just more work to deal with...

I`m starting to like the Z-5p in place of Z-2p on top prior to Z-CS, and the best part if I wanted that combo look NOW... Then, I can put a quick coat of Z-5p on the fly and then reseal it with Z-CS.

:spot

thesacrifice
04-17-2007, 07:01 AM
five layers and a spray topper, hope its durable hhahahahahahaha :)

what difference are you seeing of z5 ontop instead z2

Macruz19
04-17-2007, 07:07 AM
five layers and a spray topper, hope its durable hhahahahahahaha :)

what difference are you seeing of z5 ontop instead z2

IMO, I think it makes my car a little darker...I don`t know, it could be the lighting, but I like it.

My GF`s Civic Hyprid, she tells me that every 2 or 3 coats of Z-5p, her car looks a little darker. She has the dark blue color.

BTW, what spray topper are you using? Z-8?

gmblack3
04-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Been pretty happy with:

Prep

ZAIO

Z2 or Z5pro

Z6 wipedown before CS.

ZCS

Z8

imported_midwesterner
04-17-2007, 09:44 AM
I know everyone seems to think the PREP is the big deal with Zaino.

I have a 6 month old car with a few coats of Meg GC on it. Shortly after delievery, I clayed the car. I was thinking of using Zaino AIO and CS.

What do you guys think of the following process:

1. Wash

2. Clay

3. Wash

4. Apply Z-AIO

5. Z5-Pro

6. Z-CS

wait a day and use Z-8

Any help would be appreciated!

Macruz19
04-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Midwesterner,

Prep is key for Zaino. I would polish before starting on Z-AIO, unless you have minor swirls then you can use Z-PC before Z-AIO. But yes, your lineup looks pretty good.

shadybreal
04-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Everyone is different using the Zaino system, so I`m curious on what Zaino sealants you guys use to make your car have that "bling", and the ultimate protection.

Here is my current combo:

-proper prep work (menz/sonus/3M)

-Z-PC (by PC)

-Z-ZAIO (by PC)

-2x Z-5p w/ZFX

-1x Z-2p (I hope ZFX is not needed prior to Z-CS, if so oh well..)

-1x Z-CS

NEXT DAY

-Z-8

*Notice, I don`t do the Z-6 wipedown between coats since I don`t think it makes a differance. Just more work to deal with...

I`m starting to like the Z-5p in place of Z-2p on top prior to Z-CS, and the best part if I wanted that combo look NOW... Then, I can put a quick coat of Z-5p on the fly and then reseal it with Z-CS.

:spot

Good God! How long does this take you? It must be nice to have that much free time. I bet it looks amazing w/ the amount of time it must take.

imported_midwesterner
04-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Midwesterner,

Prep is key for Zaino. I would polish before starting on Z-AIO, unless you have minor swirls then you can use Z-PC before Z-AIO. But yes, your lineup looks pretty good.

Marcruz

Sorry to sound like a newbie, but I sort of am...What do you use to polish? Does Zaino make a product? And finally why is it so important?

Macruz19
04-17-2007, 10:02 AM
I Zaino my car sections at a time, so I concentrate on removing the swirls with a polish. Zaino makes Z-PC, but it`s more of a final polish prior to the Zaino sealants. Z-PC removes minor swirls.

If I wash my car and want to add a coat of Z2p or Z5p, then I would apply it to my whole car. Whole wash/ dry/ apply/ dry/ buff would take me about 2 hours. Plus I slack and go inside the house.

lambostealth
04-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Good God! How long does this take you? It must be nice to have that much free time. I bet it looks amazing w/ the amount of time it must take.

Contrary to popular belief, it doesn`t take that long, since you use the ZFX Accelerator, it doesn`t have to stay on the paint long at all, and it goes on so thin and quick, I can do all three of my layers in a couple hours.

SpoiledMan
04-17-2007, 11:08 AM
After polishing of course.....

2 coats of Z2 Pro with Z8 between and after

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_2930.jpg

OR

Z1, Z2 Pro :D

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/CaymanS_Fender.jpg

imported_DieselMDX
04-17-2007, 11:12 AM
wow that silver looks amazing!

Macruz19
04-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Wow.. Nice pics SpoiledMan!

SpoiledMan
04-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks guys!:)

The silver Porsche just goes to show that you don`t have to make the Z system all that complicated.

Macruz19
04-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys!:)

Do you use Z-CS?

Here`s my car... (without Z-CS)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/macruz19/tl4-1.jpg