PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Tech Shootings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

01bluecls
04-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I am student at George Mason University in Northern VA. I graduated High School in 02 and had a few friends that were close at the time that went to VA Tech. While many of my friends have just graduated from VA, this historic nightmare hits close to home.

I do have a friend I havent talked to in a while and dont have his number that is a engineer major at VA Tech. If you havent heard the 30 students that were killed was in the engineering building. I havent heard anything about my friend that I know still goes there. I will be trying to contact people I know that may have his info.

My best wishes and condolences go out to everyone affected. Such a grave incident in life.

Scottwax
04-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Just an unreal situation, what could possess someone to go on a rampage like that?

sentra_99
04-16-2007, 09:13 PM
I don`t know. The article I read didn`t say a reason for the gunman to rampage through the school like he did. But 33 dead, including the gunman...kind of sickens you.

01bluecls
04-16-2007, 09:16 PM
There is obviously a lot of speculation of who he was and why...Im sure it will take a great deal of time to find out everything. One of the worst killings in US history.

wannafbody
04-16-2007, 09:16 PM
sad situation

99blackSE
04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Horrible... just horrible...

Joshua312
04-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Chris,

I`m not sure if you are a member on Facebook but there is a group dealing with today`s shooting and alot of students are posting names of the victims. There are also some phone numbers you can call as well.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and families...I hope your former classmate made it out safely Chris!

sentra_99
04-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, a few of my friends have joined the group. I was going to join later on tonight (been busy with calc homework). I saw where they were listing the students that were victims.

EdLancer
04-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Being a Montrealer, I can relate to this sad and hideous act as we experienced this kind of madness 3 times in less than 16 years with the most recent just less than 6 months ago at Dawson College. Our city has sent condolences to Blacksburg.

Kriminal
04-17-2007, 07:14 AM
It`s made front page on the newspapers over here. It really sickens me to read these stories, and I feel soooo bad for the families who have now been affected by this absolute moron !

How the F`k can someone get so disturbed about a relationship is far beyond my imagination. You simply just walk away, stick two fingers up, and get on with your life.

Why / How do they manage to have guns at a Campus FFS ? :confused:

TigerMike
04-17-2007, 07:19 AM
I really wish the best for the families involved, I cannot imagine their overwhelming sense of loss and anger. My heart goes out to all of them and they will be in my prayers.

It`s a shame the shooter killed himself, and although he will certainly burn in hell forever, taking his own life was too easy. He deserved to see the pain he has caused each and every family member. Every loved one deserves the right to look into his worthless eyes and just ask why.

Joshua312
04-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah, a few of my friends have joined the group. I was going to join later on tonight (been busy with calc homework). I saw where they were listing the students that were victims.

Sentra,

Just wanted to warn you before hand that group on Facebook is getting out of line in some places...Pointing to the "shooters" myspace and other Asian students. It is becoming very racist and a lot of innocent people are being targeted. To tell you the truth, it is only going to take one outraged student who is angry and dumb enough to think this person may be another possible shooter...and we could have another tragedy on our hands. It disgusts me how that group has taken such a bad turn the past few hours placing blame and hate on innocent students.

imported_Yal
04-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Unreal :( Sad. Heart goes out to the victims and their families :(

What really fooled the police was that it is almost unheard off for a gunman to kill at one site and then proceed to another site hours later to kill again. It just makes no sense. Usually the rampage starts immediately after the initial shots. Weird and bizzare.

As for the racial insults. Pretty normal reaction in our country unfortunately :(

kkreit01
04-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Very sad. With all the school shootings, I can see why people home school their kids. Our oldest daughter started K this year. Very scary times.

Kriminal
04-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Sentra,

Just wanted to warn you before hand that group on Facebook is getting out of line in some places...Pointing to the "shooters" myspace and other Asian students. It is becoming very racist and a lot of innocent people are being targeted. To tell you the truth, it is only going to take one outraged student who is angry and dumb enough to think this person may be another possible shooter...and we could have another tragedy on our hands. It disgusts me how that group has taken such a bad turn the past few hours placing blame and hate on innocent students.

Joshua, this just sickens me to think that the whole point of this issue is that INNOCENT people have already been the victims off this mindless violence, so why target other INNOCENT people ?!? It`s just small-minded hypocrits who have nobody else to blame I suppose. But will their actions make things right ?........definitely not - like you said it`s just gonna end up to be another tragedy.

Message to all the morons out there who think violence solves all : Grow up Society, and take a leaf out of this Chapter in Life`s Story - guns are NOT the solution ! :mad: