PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars APC

Pages : [1] 2 3

kleraudio
04-16-2007, 07:29 PM
hey guys, just took my gallon of APC out, i bought it last season, but forgot about it:nixweiss

anyways, it is the detailer line and it only mentions about interior cleaning. It says something like All Purpose Cleaner, for use on all interior surfaces...

also says something like it has fabric softeners in it...

did i buy the wrong apc? I wanted to use it for my engine compartment?

do they make more than 1 type of apc?

Thanks

Jim

BlueZero
04-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Same product. I use mine for pretty much everything. They do also make a low foaming one called APC+. That one is orange color.

BlackElantraGT
04-16-2007, 07:42 PM
They have APC and APC+

I generally use APC+ for interior diluted 10:1. For tires, I use it 4:1. I`m sure you could use the APC in the engine bay also (maybe 4:1 or full strength) but I think a degreaser would work better for the engine bay, unless you had a fairly well kept engine already and didn`t need it to be that strong.

kleraudio
04-16-2007, 07:54 PM
cool, thanks for the input guys, i should be ok with the apc, i wont use it on the engine though....

I can use it on my rims?? it says it has fabric softeners in it. It would be very nice if i could use it on mywheels.

Thanks

Jim

BlackElantraGT
04-16-2007, 08:14 PM
i haven`t used it on my rim so i couldn`t tell u if its safe or not. i`ve hit my tires with it at 4:1 though, and it works alright for that but i find that its best purpose so far has been for interior, along with cleaning the rubber door seals/jamb area.

kleraudio
04-16-2007, 09:24 PM
ok, i will just use it for that then. Thanks for the input.

hey when using on interiors, you spray on, let it sit, brush it, then use a shop/vac and your done???

if thats the process, what is the drying time after the vac?

Thanks in advance

Jim

sftempest66
04-16-2007, 09:30 PM
I`ve been using Meg`s APC Cut 4:1 for carpets, dusty engine bays, and the insides of wheels, while I`ve been using Meg`s APC cut 10:1 for interior panels, heavily soiled leather, and wheels. Its a great product and I would highly recommend it!

BigAl3
04-16-2007, 10:31 PM
megs apc is a very versatile product, and i even use it around the house...

Evenflow
04-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Meguiars APC is a very versatile product.

I use 4:1 for degreasing (engines)

and

I use 10:1 for interior cleaning.

I LOVE the smell this stuff leaves in the car after using it for carpets.

Pennypacker
04-17-2007, 01:22 AM
I bought a gallon recently, but haven`t tried it yet. I think a gallon`s gonna last a really long time with all the dilution, especially if it`s just for personal use.

Paulie Walnuts
04-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Megs APC is the worst product I have ever got from Megs. It stained exterior trim and some leather seats that I used it on. User beware

klnyc
04-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Aren`t they 2 type of Meg APC?

APC is green color

APC + is orange color, am I remotely close or what?

Envious Eric
04-17-2007, 11:54 AM
^^^^ you are right on the colors...

I use APC+ - the orange stuff

interiors, carpets, plastics, rubber door seals, and if the jams are caked on dirt and grime, then I use it on those too, then quickly rinse it off and wipe with a QD/mf

I use a safe degreaser on tires...afterall, it is grease on the tires, not just dirt....works very well for me!

joshtpa
04-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Megs APC is the worst product I have ever got from Megs. It stained exterior trim and some leather seats that I used it on. User beware

That is really shocking....I have been using this stuff (both kinds) for a while now and never had an issue on any of our autos. Did you dillute it at all?

Pennypacker
04-17-2007, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the warning. I`m curious as well what the dilution was as I`m about to use it this weekend.