PDA

View Full Version : Sealant, glaze, wax ?

Sol
04-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I have been wondering about this...

Would it be effective to put a coat of sealant on bare paint, followed by a glaze then wax for a deep shine?

I like the durability of a sealant, but I like the shine from the wax. My paint is over 10 years old and has a lot of little swirls all over the place, regardless of my hardcore microfiber usage. I understand that putting glaze under a sealant is not very effective, so I`m wondering if I can do the opposite. I don`t know if the glaze would fill in the swirls with the sealant already there.

BigJimZ28
04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
some sealants work over some glazes

like RMG then EX-P then Natty s blue

is a nice combo that works well

tom p.
04-16-2007, 07:19 PM
you need to correct the surface first. You`d then use the glaze, if needed. You`d follow with wax or sealant. I`d search out products that are compatilbe with one another...skip the mix `n` match routine at this point ;)

Sol
04-16-2007, 07:22 PM
So, since I already have Meguiars #7 glaze, I could use Meguiars #20 sealant over it without any adverse effects?

Cheetah
04-16-2007, 11:09 PM
You could try Danase`s Speed Glaze. It`s acryllic so it can go over or under sealants. Works great.

Macruz19
04-17-2007, 07:24 AM
I tried a sample of Danase`s Speed Glaze on half of my hood on top of all the Zaino I have. I did notice a slight differance. It made my car a little darker. I think I might just use this on my hood and top it off with Z-CS.

chutney
04-17-2007, 08:05 AM
So, since I already have Meguiars #7 glaze, I could use Meguiars #20 sealant over it without any adverse effects?

Yes you could. Meguiar`s products are designed to work well together.

Sol
04-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks. I`ll give it a shot. I also heard #21 is pretty nice. Maybe I`ll use that instead of the #20.