PDA

View Full Version : A good "how to" on using #80?

Darth62
04-16-2007, 06:02 PM
A year or two ago there was a great thread here with the basics on how to use Megs #80. It was titled "How long does it take to work in #80?" I did a search for it, but it doesn`t seem to be out there anymore.

So, I was wondering if anybody had a good "how to" for a a modestly skilled detailer. I have a PC, and a full set of pads (which I got here at autopia). I also have #80 (and a few other glazes that I trust less) in my garage.

I ask all this because, this weekend, I sustained a some very noticable damage on my driver`s side door from a big piece of wood that came flying at the car. As soon as I got home, I clayed off the wood residue, then used Klasse AIO to remove the other gunk that the wood left behind. Afterwards, there was a series of very ugly but also shallow scratches. So, I got out the PC and #80 and I was shocked at how well it worked. It left the car looking wet and shiny and you couldn`t tell there was every a problem.

So, now I want to get a little braver and try to remove some of the paint damage that is on the trunk and the hood. I`ve had the car for almost 4 years and never polished it.

GlossyTundra
04-16-2007, 06:13 PM
It takes a little more work in time than normal. Rotary, it goes quick. PC it takes some time until the product almost disapears, then remove the residue.

atticdog
04-16-2007, 06:17 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/56306-how-long-does-take-work-80-via-pc.html?highlight=work

imported_The Uncle
04-16-2007, 06:18 PM
It takes a little more work in time than normal. Rotary, it goes quick. PC it takes some time until the product almost disapears, then remove the residue.

Part of the issue for us beginners, is figuring out how much product to use. When I use cleaners, I tend to be very sparing. But, I remember reading about #80 and the feeling was that you should put a more generous amount on your pad.

imported_The Uncle
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/56306-how-long-does-take-work-80-via-pc.html?highlight=work

Thanks! That`s a good thread.