PDA

View Full Version : Ordering the Hitachi.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Changeling
04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Just an update sorta.

I ordered a Hitachi rotary the other day from Coastal Tool. The new shipment was supposed to be in stock by 15 April 2007. I received an email today from Mike at Coastal saying it will be early May now before the new Hitachi polishers come in.

Just thought you might want to know.

Changeling

imported_rydawg
04-16-2007, 11:29 PM
wow that`s a long wait. I ran my hitachi for 8 hours straight yesterday on a vette and it did not get hot at all. I am loving it more and more everyday. The only thing I have problems with if I have my halogens on and I am running my Hitachi, I will blow breakers. No matter where I go. I know my halogens are 1500 watts and that is the main part of the problem. Without the halogens on I do not have a problem though.

Other than that I love it and it is a very balanced machine.

useth4z
04-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Just to let you know, Coastal tool has said that they were going to be in stock way back on 2/15/07; that date kept getting pushed back and when they told me it would be 3/15 til they were in stock again, I finally cancelled my order and purchased from another vendor where they were in stock. I payed about $25 more, but I had my new toy and was able to work on other cars.

I wonder if they had them in stock and ran out again, or if this is the same line from Feb. FWIW, Mike was very honest re: status of stock, Coastal just couldn`t deliver timely enough for me.

imported_Ivan Rajic
04-17-2007, 01:29 AM
^^+1... I ordered the makita rotary last week on sunday and got an email monday saying they won`t be in for a few days, then that few days went to a week... now i`m glad I cancelled last week Thurs and order from amazon... little more money but I got it today and will try it out tomorrow...

AL-53
04-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Change..Thats where I got mine...they are about a hour away from me ...I called the other day to order a battery for my cordless screw gun and was talking to the salesman and I asked about the Hitachi..he said it was the hottest selling Item they have at the moment..can not keep them in stock...

They are very good people there...I bought my PC there a few years back and they threw in a PC brand backing plate..best plate I have..very well built ...

Good luck Change...you will enjoy it....

Change...if you have any Bodyshops near you...get a hood in decent shape and put on saw horses and practice on it...nice to try different combos on and see results...plus you can re-mar it with some steel wool and then practice removeing them again...

Have fun buddy

Al

Changeling
04-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Change..Thats where I got mine...they are about a hour away from me ...I called the other day to order a battery for my cordless screw gun and was talking to the salesman and I asked about the Hitachi..he said it was the hottest selling Item they have at the moment..can not keep them in stock...

They are very good people there...I bought my PC there a few years back and they threw in a PC brand backing plate..best plate I have..very well built ...

Good luck Change...you will enjoy it....

Change...if you have any Bodyshops near you...get a hood in decent shape and put on saw horses and practice on it...nice to try different combos on and see results...plus you can re-mar it with some steel wool and then practice removeing them again...

Have fun buddy

Al

AL, that is a good idea. Don`t laugh, but I have 3 lawn tractors lined up for free detailing of the paint only! Hell, I will, LOL. But actually, I am looking forward to giving it a go on these tractors (with rotary). They are pretty rough, because they are kept outside. When you say "FREE" to people, they start grinning from ear to ear and then want to know the "catch"! I tell them I will just be trying to learn to use the Rotary tool, but that I will also apply wax to everything I do, you would think that "SANTA" had just hugged them. Wax will be Collinite 476s.

Now for the BAD news, Mark over at Coastal Tools is now saying he won`t have any Hitachi`s till July!! I told him I just couldn`t wait and canceled the order, he said he understood, nice guy.

Started searching again and found the Hitachi at "toolup.com" and ordered it (in stock) for $158.00 delivered. This is better than the Coastal deal that went bust!

Take care, Changeling

kleraudio
04-28-2007, 02:51 PM
which model number is that Hitachi Change? I might have to pick one up, dont know if i want that or just wait for the UDM to come out...

Jim

SpoiledMan
04-28-2007, 04:25 PM
SP18VA is the model number.

kleraudio
04-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks!

Jim

Todd@RUPES
04-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I love my hitachi!!!!!!!!!!

kleraudio
04-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Yea, ive been itching to get one but i think i will wait and see what this "pc on steroids" is all about.

Jim

Changeling
04-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Yea, ive been itching to get one but i think i will wait and see what this "pc on steroids" is all about.

Jim

Why in the world would you get that when for $10 or 20.00 more bucks you can get a Awesome rotary with a 5 year guarantee that can do it all in half the time with better results?

Just my opinion.

Changeling

kleraudio
04-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Change, according to DavidB this machine will be able to do 90% of what a rotary can do without fear of paint burn.

the reason i want to wait and see how this thing works is for the last part "without fear of paint burn". I dont mind losing 10% for ~99% piece of mind!

the risk reward seems higher w/ the UDM...

Jim

BigAl3
05-17-2007, 04:11 PM
anyone else know where else the hitachi can be purchased for a reasonable price ($165.00) to that of coastal tool? it seems to be on backorder till july 1st...

Black Diamond
05-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Try this (http://www.toolsdirect.com).

$ 171.55 shipped.