PDA

View Full Version : PC and Klasse Help

tennisjon2002
04-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I have a new PC that I need to start using but I am not sure what pads to get. I plan on mostly using Klasse AIO and SG. What are good strength pads for klasse? I plan on getting lake country pads because I have heard good things about them, any suggestions? I am also looking for a light polish to take out some light swirls from a dirty drying towel what should I get?

Accumulator
04-16-2007, 12:16 PM
tennisjon2002- Welcome to Autopia!

The light polish I usually recommend is discontinued and getting hard to find...so I guess I`l look at Menzerna or the BlackFire/Menzerna Finishing polishes.

Unless you have *very* soft paint I`d use a white LC pad with the AIO (I`d use a white LC pad with the polish too).

I like to apply KSG by hand so I can get it very thin (about the only time I don`t use a machine for such stuff) but if you want to use the PC I`d go with the black/dark gray LC finishing pad.

tennisjon2002
04-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will mostly use it for honda`s so the paint is thin. I have heard of applying SG by hand instead of PC because of how thin of a layer u want, I will have to try it out and see what I like.

tennisjon2002
04-16-2007, 05:21 PM
bump.. any other suggestions? What is your opinion on Poor Boys SSR2 as a polish?

beastie
04-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Second the Menzerna (Final Polish in particular) suggestion. Get a white pad for AIO using a PC. Use a foam applicator like the Meguiar`s yellow foam to apply SG. Spritz it with a little Eagle One QD (or any QD without carnauba) to prime the pad. Spritzing also applies to AIO.

Try to get 3-5 layers of SG before you even consider topping it. You might find that you might want pure Klasse as toppers mute the shine and alter the paint color.

tennisjon2002
04-18-2007, 11:42 PM
what size pads should i get? I was looking at 6.5 inch is that good? And would a 6 inch backing plate work with those?

awahl63
04-18-2007, 11:43 PM
6.5" pads with a 6" backing plate