PDA

View Full Version : Pink Wax & Duragloss AW

imported_bpfoley
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Would I encounter any problems with using Duragloss AW to spritz and buff off a hazed application of Finish Kare Pink Wax? Will I hurt PW durability, look etc? I did this over the past weekend here and it seemed to work great (Pink wax always removes very well for me), however now it is snowing and I can`t tell what it did looks wise. I know PW "cures" and improves over 2-3 days but the day after application it rained, then today it snowed :(

I plan on doing 2 or 3 layers of PW next weekend and want to know if I should buff with a spritz of 425 or AW (I have both). Thanks!

wannafbody
04-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I`m not sure how much AW actually stays on the surface but I doubt it really hurts anything

imported_bpfoley
04-16-2007, 10:45 AM
so this is an exercise in futility?

TigerMike
04-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I would buff with the 425, and top with AW. I have used AW to buff Collinite and while it works, it probably doesn`t work as well as a QD type product (i.e. 425) for removing waxes or sealants.

AW needs to be thought of as a sealant in and of its own, and therefore you would not remove one wax/sealant with another. I`d go for the QD in that purpose.

imported_themightytimmah
04-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I`ve done it before - and I could swear AW added more gloss to PW. Not sure that it does anything good for durability, but my aunt`s truck that I prepped with DG101/PW/AW beaded for 9 months.

joshtpa
04-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I think it adds a little more durability

AL-53
04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
I think the AW will work better after the buff...if using AW over unbuffed PW you are mostly spraying the haze...and it may not get fully penetrated on the PW..as Mike said..use 425 or the DG Fast Clean and Shine...to remove PW and then later use AW....I have used Fast Clean and Shine to buff of collinite 915 before and worked great as it has a little cleaner in it and left it a bit glossier....AW has no cleaner per say except water...

I think AW after will give you best results...

Al