PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s HyperWash, is it worthy?

rkf76
04-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Has anybody used it before? A gallon of it runs about $30 and it boasts a 400:1 dilution ratio. For those who have used it, what`s your take on it.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/images/MegsHyperwash.jpg

the other pc
04-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Works great. Cleans well, good lubricity, leaves a nice gloss, non-perfume smell.

PC.

joyriiide1113
04-15-2007, 10:48 PM
One ounce for every 5 gallons of water... very concentrated but very gentle enough not to strip waxes... I even forgot why I stopped using it...

rkf76
04-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Does this compare to DP Auto Bath Shampoo?

imported_steveo3002
04-16-2007, 05:17 AM
ive got some...nothing special imo, im buying duragloss next time round, its slicker and leaves a better finish

steelwind101
04-16-2007, 05:40 AM
I got it in a smaller amount (a shop was splitting it) and it was an ok shampoo. I think its real plus point is it doesnt cost very much per wash which is great if you are detailing for a living and need to keep costs down.

A gallon of other products are just as nice and many better even if they do not diluite as well.

Duragloss 901 CWC :up

Geoff

mixxmstrmike
04-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Works great. Cleans well, good lubricity, leaves a nice gloss, non-perfume smell.

PC.

How does it compare to NXT, Gold Class or Griot`s Car Wash Soap?

For comparison, NXT and Gold Class recommend an ounce per gallon of water. I usually go with this suggestion in a 5-gallon bucket. I`m mainly concerned about the lubricity of Hyperwash... is one ounce to a 5 gallon bucket as slick as 5 ounces of NXT in the same 5 gallon bucket?

Suds don`t really matter to me as I add the soap to the water.

Thanks for the feedback,

Mike

the other pc
04-16-2007, 12:32 PM
It’s been a while since I last used it. Memory isn’t calibrated well enough to give you too precise an answer.

I just remember thinking that it was a slicker than I expected it to be, considering the high dilution and it’s being targeted at high volume car washing. I certainly don’t remember it being slicker than GC or NXT.

I’m out of NXT right now (and wasn’t planning on restocking). I might be able to mix up some small batches and try a quick side-by-side with GC and Griot’s sometime this week.

PC.

trhland
04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
anyone ever try gliptones soap??? this stuff is great picked it up from pepboys. this stuff is like syrup

rkf76
04-16-2007, 09:01 PM
ive got some...nothing special imo, im buying duragloss next time round, its slicker and leaves a better finishwhat other car wash soaps have you used? Just trying to see what you are comparing it to.