PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s Professional Polish Issue

mrmatt
04-15-2007, 08:40 PM
I ran into an issue with Poorboys Professional Polish this afternoon. This is the sixth time I have used this product. Today I was working on my dads 1998 White Ford Explorer and the product was VERY hard to remove. I had to use a little quick detail spray to aid in removal. What could have caused this? Never had this problem with my Toyota Tacoma.

My process:

Wash

Clay

SSR1

Poorboys Professional Polish

EX Sealant

Any help would be great.

Matthew

SpoiledMan
04-15-2007, 08:42 PM
IIRC, it`s a product that needs to be worked and then allowed to dry at which point it`s easier to remove.

Way2SSlow
04-15-2007, 08:42 PM
I`ve got some experience with the product. It takes VERY little to do the job. If you use even a little bit too much, it can be a nightmare to remove. That said, it`s a great cleaner and has worked well on everything that I`ve used it on. Do not allow it to dry either. Polish your panel and then wipe it off right away.

AmF_15
04-18-2007, 11:38 PM
I use the PB`s polish and if you let it dry it will be a pain in the arse to remove. I think if you apply too much product or work too big of an area you are letting the un worked polish sit making it hard to remove because the polish was never or never was fully broken down. A good indecation if you broke down the polish using the PBs is waiting for the dusting. (don`t take advice to the bank though)

SpoiledMan
04-18-2007, 11:59 PM
You guys made me search. I remember being told by Steve to use very little and allow it to dry.

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/42301-frustrated-poorboys-pro-polish.html?highlight=poorboys+pro+polish

AmF_15
04-19-2007, 12:13 AM
I have always whiped it off right after it starts dusting with little effort. I had a time where I used way too much product and it never started dusting, and when I went to whipe it off I had to apply a lot of pressure to remove. What do I know I only posted 3 times.....lol

Way2SSlow
04-19-2007, 06:59 AM
I have never let it dry, and I have never had a problem wtih it. It is my understanding that it has been reformuated a bit (made thicker) as I have the old stuff. It is thin and watery. Maybe I was wrong about not letting it dry on the car, but that is something that I`ve never done, and again, never had a problem with.

SpoiledMan
04-19-2007, 07:57 AM
I never thought about reformulation......:o