PDA

View Full Version : tire shine

Logan2224
04-15-2007, 09:33 AM
I need some good quality tire shine that won`t sling up on my car. What kind is the best?

Setec Astronomy
04-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Ha ha ha. Prepare for about 14 different "bests".

Fallz
04-15-2007, 10:23 AM
I`ve been using CK RVL , leaves tires black w/very little gloss. ( just to use up the excess that I have )

Mostly been using Megs #40 , little more of a matte finish & cleans well too .

I`ve really had nothing ever slinging. I always apply thin and wipe off excess.

I personally dont like glossy tires , looks to fake to me . just my .02

JDK
04-15-2007, 02:15 PM
I agree with Mike. I was just at 2 different automotive stores and there were probably 20 different types, spray cans, pump, gel and on and on... I found an old bottle of Turtle Wax Gel in the back of my supplies and have been using it, it seems to last longer than some. I use Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss and think it`s one of the best I`ve used. You`ll just have to experiment and find the one that you like the best. Ask the guys at the store which is the best seller and/or which one do they use. I also recommend getting a foam applicator pad made for tires and put the product on it and then the tire instead of spraying the tire direct or you may have to clean your wheels again.

BigAl3
04-15-2007, 02:35 PM
`ve really had nothing ever slinging. I always apply thin and wipe off excess.

this is the key. any tire dressing will sling if the tires are not cleaned properly as well, along with what you said...

Nimble
04-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Optimum Tire Shine

brwill2005
04-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Regardless of what you use, make sure to clean the tire well and wipe off any excess dressing. These two things can go a long way toward preventing sling.

paul34
04-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Regardless of what you use, make sure to clean the tire well and wipe off any excess dressing. These two things can go a long way toward preventing sling.

Yup, any tire shine will "sling" if not prepped and applied properly.

Dry time is also very important (as far as getting durability since you`ll be wiping).

joshtpa
04-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Eiman Fabrik for gel

BnB for water based.

blucpe
04-15-2007, 03:58 PM
you`ve got to find the one that works best for you and has the look you`re after. when you find it spray a little on a 2" paint brush, specifically for tire dressing, and brush it on the tire. i find this stops slinging and gives me the look i`m after. i use tire wet, megs natural shine, even tire foam all applied the same way. works for me. hope this helps.:xyxthumbs :spot

joshtpa
04-15-2007, 04:05 PM
you`ve got to find the one that works best for you and has the look you`re after. when you find it spray a little on a 2" paint brush, specifically for tire dressing, and brush it on the tire. i find this stops slinging and gives me the look i`m after. i use tire wet, megs natural shine, even tire foam all applied the same way. works for me. hope this helps.:xyxthumbs :spot

A good tire swipe works even easier. Just make sure that you wipe off the excess.

NickelPlated.45
04-15-2007, 04:16 PM
I hate spray on tire dressings. What works best for me is tire gel and scrap foam for applicators. A little bit goes a long way if you take the time to work it around. Plus you get a nice thin layer that doesn`t sling off.

1Bad81Bu
04-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Stoner`s More Shine. I like it very well.

Fallz
04-15-2007, 04:23 PM
I forgot to mention PB BnB , is also one of my favorites.

I will buy some more soon , but just trying to use up excess stuff.