PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mix HT levelers with anything?

rkf76
04-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I have a 02 S430 to do this weekend and the paint looks like this all over

http://gtaindetail.com/pics/s4040707/a.jpg

I have a rotary and a PC and was hoping to kill the swirls with an IP/RMG combo, but im not so sure. If need be, I have medium and heavy cut levelers from Hi Temp but those products are a little on the difficult side to remove. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to mix something into it to make it a little easier to remove. Maybe some RMG or VM. Any reason why I shouldn`t do that?

JasonD
04-14-2007, 08:38 PM
The biggest reason that comes to mind is that both of those products are glazes, and will hide the defects with fillers, and you won`t be able to see your true progress. I would mix something like Optimum Polish instead, or at least something very slick and without fillers.

rkf76
04-14-2007, 08:51 PM
The biggest reason that comes to mind is that both of those products are glazes, and will hide the defects with fillers, and you won`t be able to see your true progress. I would mix something like Optimum Polish instead, or at least something very slick and without fillers.I don`t have OP and probably can`t get it by this weekend so i`m gonna have to work with what I`ve got. Seeing as how alot of people mix IP with RMG, I guess IP wouldn`t be a good candidate to mix in with the Hi Temp stuff, right?

MorBid
04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I`ve used HTHCL for awhile now and have no hard time removing it. You don`t need alot and do need to work till it`s completly broken down.

I`ve never mixed it with anything as I haven`t the need.

MorBiD

rkf76
04-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I`ve used HTHCL for awhile now and have no hard time removing it. You don`t need alot and do need to work till it`s completly broken down.

I`ve never mixed it with anything as I haven`t the need.

MorBiDI may be using too much product and putting it on too heavy then.

MorBid
04-14-2007, 10:23 PM
A little bit goes a long way cuz it`s so creamy. I start with the reccomedation on the label and use about a nickel in size worth (although they don`t say what size pad).

Spread it around the area to be worked with the machine off then start polishing. Use some pressure at first, till you see it just go clear, then lighten up the pressure.

rkf76
04-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Yes, definitely using too much product. The good thing is that I know how well the Hi Temp stuff works so if the IP/RMG combo doesn`t do the trick then I can move up to one of my Hi Temp levelers. Maybe this time, with the CCS pads I have coming in this week, I`ll be able to polish more than two panels before having to wash out or change the pad.

MorBid
04-14-2007, 11:41 PM
gotcha, sounds like a plan.