PDA

View Full Version : First experience with CS...

Pages : [1] 2 3

danforz
04-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Impressive stuff. It added a nice gloss to the car, though I don`t feel it did wonders for the reflectivity. The "3Dness" of panels were also GREATLY increased as a result. I ended up hazing half the car with this stuff, so I`m assuming I used WAY too much. Never the less, it was still a quick application and I`m happy with the purchase.

Will this stuff look even better tomorrow when it fully cures?

johny
04-14-2007, 07:35 PM
I am going to try Z-CS for the first time tomorrow. I am kinda nervous since I tend to get heavy-handed when applying product. I guess I just spritz one time per panel (2 x 2 foot section). I have read that the gloss will intensify after it cures.

lambostealth
04-14-2007, 10:40 PM
If you use it too thick, I recommend using Z6 about an hour or so after application incase it has spots that won`t dry. It really seems to enhance the gloss. Though if I put it on correctly, it glosses up rather nicely the next day.

imported_GregCavi
04-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Glad you liked it. I have been playing with this stuff for months so here are the things you must do.

1. Brand new, never washed applicator

2. 1 spritz per panel, 2 may be needed on hood, roof, and trunk.

3. Allow to dry on it`s own. Today in 55 F temps, it dried in about 15 minutes

If you follow those basic guidelines, you will be set.

Greg

Scottwax
04-14-2007, 11:26 PM
If you lightly work it into the paint and go over any thick spots you see without adding more product, it clears and levels itself out on its own.

thesacrifice
04-15-2007, 12:02 AM
you literally have to think you`re not using any product, just trust that 2 sprits will cover your hood.

Tonywp75
04-15-2007, 12:06 AM
I also notice...it looks better the next day. I used my after Z5pro and its great. I think it would look better with after Z2pro...since z2pro give more reflectivity.

danforz
04-15-2007, 03:51 AM
Glad you liked it. I have been playing with this stuff for months so here are the things you must do.

1. Brand new, never washed applicator

2. 1 spritz per panel, 2 may be needed on hood, roof, and trunk.

3. Allow to dry on it`s own. Today in 55 F temps, it dried in about 15 minutes

If you follow those basic guidelines, you will be set.

Greg

So I shouldn`t wash the applicator after use? I have a dedicated CS applicator but I`m planning on cleaning it with the rest of the load. Is this an issue?

thesacrifice
04-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Yes, put it in a ziplock and call it done.

danforz
04-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Yes, put it in a ziplock and call it done.

The applicator has dirt on it though, I should just leave it dirty?

imported_memnuts
04-15-2007, 01:45 PM
So I shouldn`t wash the applicator after use? I have a dedicated CS applicator but I`m planning on cleaning it with the rest of the load. Is this an issue?

You can wash after the applicator becomes soiled. You must wash with only CS used applicators. In other words, separate when using (ziplock) and isolate washing. I use a little white vinegar in the final rinse cycle.

No difference between using a brand new pad or a properly washed pad.

Discard or dedicate to another usage when the fibers loss their softness or pad losses it plushness.

johny
04-15-2007, 10:00 PM
I tried Z-AIO and Z-CS tonight. It was like a Zen experience trusting that very little product would go a long way. Holding to the 1 spritz = 1 panel rule was kinda tough. It left a nice gloss, though. I hope it will get more shiny after the Z-CS cures.

mborner
04-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I tried Z-AIO and Z-CS tonight. It was like a Zen experience trusting that very little product would go a long way. Holding to the 1 spritz = 1 panel rule was kinda tough. It left a nice gloss, though. I hope it will get more shiny after the Z-CS cures.

Yes, I also found this so extremely difficult that I couldn`t do it. It literally feels like you`re wiping a dry pad across the paint. I used about 2 sprays per panel and 4 on the hood and roof. When I felt that the pad was dry I tested it by applying it to the glass and sure enough, zero product adhered to the glass. (Bone dry) However, I just did 2 mid sized sedans and used about 20 -30 sprays on each and the bottle is still full. The fact is you don`t use a lot, but, ten sprays? C`mon! Am I doing something wrong?

imported_memnuts
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Yes, I also found this so extremely difficult that I couldn`t do it. It literally feels like you`re wiping a dry pad across the paint. I used about 2 sprays per panel and 4 on the hood and roof. When I felt that the pad was dry I tested it by applying it to the glass and sure enough, zero product adhered to the glass. (Bone dry) However, I just did 2 mid sized sedans and used about 20 -30 sprays on each and the bottle is still full. The fact is you don`t use a lot, but, ten sprays? C`mon! Am I doing something wrong?

No, but over the rainy weekend I tried a new-to-me application technique that I though may add more brillance to CS. I simply increased the amount per panel to the point where one could actually see the application more clearly. With the weather being so much warmer than this winter and humidity very comfortable, I was curious to see what would happen. To my surprise the final outcome was very impressive and quite noticeable on my Millennium Yellow. More wetness (paint looks like it just came out the paint booth) and no hazying or streaking. The amount used was still less than an 1/8 of an ounce. I duplicated the same thing yesterday with some augmentation in gloss. The final outcome was so impressive that I have not Z8`d the application (more wetness and gloss is a real possiblity :nixweiss). I will Z8 today, about 40 hrs after last CS to see if this will add anything or overwhelm the system.

If anyone has the time (Brian, John, Greg, Sean, Michael, etc) and facility to repeat please do.:hifive:

joshtpa
04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
I thought too much would create hazing and uneveness per your previous posts? Is this not the case?