PDA

View Full Version : Souveran Over Zaino

Imatk
04-13-2007, 09:14 PM
So I got some Pinnacle Souveran with my PC and decided to try it over my Zaino.

I did one half of the hood just to see if I could tell the difference.

Honestly I could not tell ANY difference between the Souveran-topped side and the non-topped side.

It looked exactly the same... looked great... but no discernable difference between the two sides.

I went ahead and did the rest of the hood and roof and trunk with the Souveran and still could see no difference. Again, it looked great but no different than it did before.

I didn`t do the sides or front of the car just because I didn`t see the need.

Anyway I was curious... I did it... and that was my experience.

Figured I would post it and ask if anyone else has seen any differences with the same combo or if perhaps there was something I did wrong.

I applied the wax on the one half of the hood and let it dry for about ten minutes and then buffed. That was about it.

I will say that it was very easy to work with. Dried very quickly and buffed off very effortlessly.

Also is there anything I need to do to remove the Souveran now? I figure I won`t need to apply Zaino again for at least a couple months so I figure with regular washings it will probably be gone by the time I decide to Zaino again.

wannafbody
04-13-2007, 10:12 PM
in most cases you have to look from a variety of angles to see differences between products.

Imatk
04-13-2007, 10:45 PM
I did actually. I looked from every angle I could see and couldn`t tell a difference. I used my shoplights and tried to see if there was a difference in the light reflection and from every angle it looked the same.

Perhaps it would be more noticable on a different color. My mustang is a metallic gray.

Paulie Walnuts
04-13-2007, 11:01 PM
IMO Zaino should not be topped. I have tried a ton of toppers and nothing made Z look better than other Z products.

DTailN
04-13-2007, 11:17 PM
I used Souveran paste on top of Prime Strong/AJT that I had on my car for a couple of months. I did one side with Souveran and left the other side alone. My car is light silver metallic. After about 24 hours the difference became more obvious. The Souveran side kind of a had a "glow" to it. More warmth/less shine. I liked the look and finished the car with Souveran about a week later. I think the Werkstat products are great and I will continue to use them and when I want a different look I`ll top the AJT with a carnauba. I realize your post was in regards to Zaino but I`m going to go out on a limb and say the look is similar to AJT.

Imatk
04-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Ahh that`s interesting. Now I wish I hadn`t done both sides :)

I didn`t think to wait for 24 hours.

imported_agentf1
04-14-2007, 09:16 AM
I pretty much had the saqme experience. I prefered Z8 over the PS to be honest with you. And now with Clear Seal and Z8 it just blows anything else away IMHO.

A few Z7 washes and the PS will be gone.