PDA

View Full Version : Edge 2K recommendations/information?

EBPcivicsi
04-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Anyone have first hand experience with this system?

Can you use the 6" pads with the rotary?

Can you order green on one side, blue on the other (or any custome combo) with the 6" pads? Who sells these custom pads? I have searched most of the popular vendors and no one seems to carry the combo pads.

I have been afraid to try the sytem for fear of damaging the paint accidently. If someone can vouch for the system, then I would like to give it a go. I really think that this could improve my process.

Any other thoughts/opinions are of course welcomed. :D

crew219
04-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Anyone have first hand experience with this system?

Can you use the 6" pads with the rotary?

Can you order green on one side, blue on the other (or any custome combo) with the 6" pads? Who sells these custom pads? I have searched most of the popular vendors and no one seems to carry the combo pads.

I have been afraid to try the sytem for fear of damaging the paint accidently. If someone can vouch for the system, then I would like to give it a go. I really think that this could improve my process.

Any other thoughts/opinions are of course welcomed. :D

www.detailersdomain.com sell the pads you`re looking for. IIRC they are specially made by edge for adam`s polishes.

If you want to use them on a rotary, i would send detailer`s domain an email first, to make sure that they have the proper adapter in stock.

Dave

orngez
04-13-2007, 05:33 PM
works great...the 6 inch pads work fine with a rotary...i actually prefer them over larger pads as they are easier to control....its nice that the pc can use the pads as well...

qadsan
04-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Edge sells hundreds of thousands of these pads every year and their sales are growing.

I have gobs of 3M pads at my disposal that I`ve had for many years and this is what I give to my guys to use for our summer work, but I`ve personally been using the Edge pads on both a rotary and pc for over a year and just recently bought a couple sets of 4" pads for our cyclos. I`m also using my new 4" Edge pads with a rotary and they come in handy for tight spots. I use their 6" pads more often with a rotary than I use their 8" pads, but it`s nice to have all sizes available. There are many times when I`m simply beat to a pulp, dead tired, etc, and being able to quickly change pad sizes between 8", 6" or 4" on the same or different machines and always have them perfectly centered and balanced is really nice. I`m quite happy with the Edge system and their pads and I`ve been impressed with the customer service I`ve received from Edge (quick and friendly answers to questions, no hassle warranty, etc).

imported_smprince1
04-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I use the 6" Edge pads on the rotary and am very pleased. They are always perfectly centered with no effort and having 2 working side per pad speeds things up. Also, the foam quality seem very good. As stated, just buy the proper adapter for the rotary, and you`re good to go whether you use 8", 6", or 4".

imported_rydawg
04-13-2007, 07:31 PM
I use the edge on my rotory with the 8`` pads and I love it. There pads get in a lot of spaces for being 8``. You can use any size pad you want with the rotory. I have not had any problems yet. Their wool pads are very easy to use with ease too.

imported_agentf1
04-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I love them on my rotary. I am also able to buy them cheap at a local Auto Body Supply. Call Edge and see if there is a distributor near you. I think I paid 13 bucks for a 6.5" waffle.